“Good Pub Food But Terrible Bar Service”

Arrowhead Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 50 Restaurants in Southbury
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Went here while staying over after a wedding reception and decided to get some food and some drinks with some friends who also stayed and the food was good, but the service at the bar was just plain awful. It was slow, the bartender had no idea what was going on and probably had no business to be behind the bar.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was here with a friend for dinner on a Friday night. We decided to eat here because we were staying at the hotel and didn't have the energy to head out after a long day of traveling. The bar/lounge area was nice but very quiet for 7pm on a Friday. We were the only guests for an hour. Our waiter Jorge was very personable and talk and joked with us. My friend had crab cakes and asked for some bread. I ordered a chopped salad with salmon. We both ordered a glass of wine. We were told that bread didn't come with our meals and the cook was rather strict about it. Jorge did manage to get a few slices of bread for my friend though. Bread is not an expensive add-on and should not be something that makes a waiter uncomfortable having to explain to guests why they can't have it. The food was good and we split the mousse for dessert. That was the perfect size and tasted great. The prices were a little high for what we got, but not outrageous. I would recommend this to anyone staying here that is looking for a decent meal in a quiet and relaxing setting. Just don't ask for bread!

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Our food for dinner was good, but it is all a la carte, so it got to be expensive. Breakfast buffet is overpriced.

Reviewed 17 February 2015

several TVs. a full bar and a restaurant with an extensive menu. prices are a bit high but I think tied to the hotel-room service menu.

overall a good meal, good service.

Reviewed 13 December 2014

We live very close and love Maribeth the bartender. We sometimes come for a cocktail and sometimes for food. They need
Major food help. We ordered a burger and the roll was cold-- a
New one arrived and the roll was a
Frozen roll defrosted --- falling apart-- I am so sorry that they can't make somewhat decent fiid

Been to Arrowhead Restaurant? Share your experiences!