“Mmm...deli sandwich”

Ranked #21 of 50 Restaurants in Southbury
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Best place to get a sandwich in Southbury. They are a small local chain, but they do deli right! Order something standard, or create any sort of sandwich you want. I like roast beef, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, mayo, salt and pepper on a hero myself. They use high quality cold cuts and the bread is excellent. Only order the full sandwich if you are a hearty eater -- it's huge. This place will make you remember why places like Subway are inferior deli knockoffs.

NardellisCT, Owner at Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

We are so glad that you enjoy your experiences with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoy our roast beef grinder made just the way that you like it. We hope to continue making you great food and providing good service. Thank you for the positive feedback. It means a lot to our hard working staff.

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Nardelli's is way better than Subway down the street but that's about all I can say, nothing remotely healthy or unique. People that really KNOW deli meats seem to love it, as I don't eat Deli meats the appeal is lost on me.

NardellisCT, Owner at Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Jill K.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We are sorry that none of our vegetarian options appealed to you. Our eggplant parm is awesome. We also have great green salads. We agree that our most requested options certainly aren't the healthiest but we do try and offer a wide variety. We carry different flavored wraps as an alternative to our regular crispy Italian grinder bread. We even have gluten-free rolls. We do our best to be accommodating and you are always welcome to ask our staff to help guide you to the best veggie options. We do hope you'll try us again.
Grazie~

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We used Nardelli's to bring in bites for the wedding party before the church ceremony. They were fantastic! Delivered on time, delicious sandwiches and wraps... courteous and flexible service. Would definitely use again!

NardellisCT, Owner at Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Olesia M.,
We are thrilled to hear that our catering was a success! We hope everyone had a lovely wedding.
We share every review that we receive with our entire staff. We know that they will appreciate hearing that you were pleased with our service. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We hope that the next time that you need catering our just a delicious grinder, that we get the opportunity to serve you, again.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I “Googled” sandwich shops while driving through Connecticut – and saw all the glowing reviews for Nardelli’s – so I had to stop.

I ordered the Italian combo mentioned in many of the reviews – and I have to say that it was just OK (and compared to my expectations – it was a big disappointment – more below).

On the other hand – my daughter ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich, and she said that it was outstanding.

The shop itself was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and efficient – so it may be worth a try for you – just don’t expect to be blown away – as I certainly was not.

A side note on that last point – As I walked out the door I noticed a framed article they had on the wall from a local magazine that was lauding their Italian combo – and it noted some special sauce or marinade that “made the Italian grinder” – but I don’t recall tasting anything like that. If there really is some “special ingredient” that was omitted on my sandwich – then I TRULY am disappointed.

NardellisCT, Owner at Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Raymond R.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so sorry to hear that you didn't love your Italian Combo grinder. When you order the grinder with "everything" that means that you get our classic mix of diced, marinated veggies, mayo and hot sauce. All of these combined make the grinder have a unique Nardelli's taste. It isn't a "special sauce" as much as it a combination of all of these flavors. We totally appreciate that everyone's taste buds are different and that our version of an Italian Combo wasn't what you expected. We wish it "wowed" you like your daughter's buffalo chicken grinder. That said, we are glad to hear that the facility was clean and the staff was friendly & efficient. We realize that you are not local but do hope that you'd be willing to give us another try when you are in the area. We share every review that we receive with our entire staff and we're grateful for the feedback. We care deeply about our customers and their experience.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Eat in or take out the meals and deserts are excellent. Deli meals, particularly in grocery stores, frequently look like they are not always fresh but that is not the case in Nardelli's. The food looks, smells and tastes like it was prepared at home. Far superior to Dotties and some other overrated area restaurants.

NardellisCT, Owner at Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Krieger H,
We are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your experiences with us. We do indeed make everything in our cases fresh daily and we are so glad that you have tasted our delicious food. There is so much to choose from on our menu that we hope that you've tried a variety of things. We even added a new grilled cheese panini and a new waffle rolled cheesecake dessert to the menu, recently! We appreciate receiving your positive feedback and we hope we see you again, soon.
Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe

Been to Nardelli's Grinder Shoppe? Share your experiences!