“best ice cream around!”
Review of J Foster Ice Cream

J Foster Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Simsbury
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Love, love Fosters ice cream. Nice that there are tables outside for enjoying this sweet treat in the summer time.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

In Simsbury we are spoiled in the homemade ice cream department, as there are at least 4 of them that I can think of offhand. J. Fosters is my favorite. Their ice cream, is the creamiest and best tasting in my opinion. There is always a large selection of flavors, plus gelato. Their hot fudge is thick and served hot. The store itself has an old fashioned decor and feel about it. There is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. A must visit for out of town guests. Scoops are good sized and well worth the price.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I usually search for an ice cream treat when traveling. J Foster's was just the place. Small place, but lots of space outside to enjoy the weather, the people, and a special variety of flavors.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Went on a very hot day, basically b/c we were shopping in the area and we wanted a cool treat. The prices are expensive compared to other places that have homemade ice cream. I had 1 flavor, my daughter 2 flavors in 1 cup. Tasted like they start with the same blah base (not even a vanilla flavor was detected) with various things tossed in to create the different flavors. The key lime flavor should be a light green, but nope, white like the others.
The flavor overall was nothing special, and the cost was high. And the parking is tight, with a small cliff on 1 corner (yes, that's the only spot that was open when we drove in...) with no markings for protection.
Friendly staff, clean store area but where the tables are was not kept clean. We sat at the cleanest table; it had dried drips from past visitors.
Simply put, won't be back :-(

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This may be the best ice cream that I've ever had. My wife and I tried the Nutella one, pistachio as well as the regular chocolate one. It was really good stuff and we strongly recommend to try it!