“Lunch, dinner, just for snacks - all very good”
Review of Peaberry's Cafe

Peaberry's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Simsbury
Price range: USD 8 - USD 10
Description: Peaberry's Cafe is a true cafe serving the highest quality coffee & espresso drinks. We also offer a variety of breakfast & lunch options. Breakfast offers freshly baked (from scratch) breakfast pastries, egg & cheese sandwiches, and inventive toasts. Lunch options include freshly-prepared, wholesome salads, sandwiches, & panini, as well as rotating daily soup selection. Don't miss our homemade cookies & other desserts!
Reviewed 18 April 2016

I first ate at Peaberry's about six years ago when a friend arranged to meet me there for lunch. She described it as a sort of casual lunch/dinner place. I was familiar with the area, which has some good and fun restaurants.

It is located in a smaller shopping area off the main street, easily find-able. The décor is pleasant, with a large, windowed front and tables of various sizes throughout the dining area. There is a seating area with armchairs near a fire.

Peaberry's offers sandwiches and soups and pastries of various types along with all kinds of beverages. Pricing is in keeping with the pricing in the neighborhood, and you get good value for your food. You order your meal at the register and wait for it to be prepared, at which point you retrieve it at the side counter.

My last meal was a BLT, served with potato chips, and a vanilla latte. It was very good. (I would like to say that it is hard to mess up a BLT, but I have unfortunately7 had it done several times.) At Peaberry's the bread was toasted properly, not too much mayonnaise. The tomatoes were ripe, the bacon well-cooked, neither floppy nor crumbly. I shared a pastry with my party, and strolled out of there sipping my vanilla latte.

While I didn't have soup this time, theirs are good. I like their Hungarian Mushroom if it is available.

Staff was pleasant and businesslike, there were plenty of saltshakers available, and the place was not noisy: good for sitting and catching up.

I plan to go back in the next week or so.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

I accompanied my husband on a business trip and needed to keep myself occupied during the day. I found Peaberry's a nice little coffee shop to kill a few hours while I shopped online and caught up on social media. The almond milk, caramel latte was delicious and the cinnamon vanilla bean scone one of the best I've had anywhere. The patrons seemed very nice and were everyone from business men & ladies to dad's with their little girls and ladies meeting for coffee. Overall a very nice place with very nice people.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Always a good place for soup and a sandwich. The specials are good, but many of their regular sandwich options are wonderful. Bus your own table - but that is fine too and worth the convenience and speed of food prep.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Spoiler alert- I am a regular. I love their soups. Always a choice of 2 and they are great, with a vegetarian offering ( it seems to me) every day. The clam chowder is there on Friday and so am I when I am in town. Sandwiches are excellent as well. The BLT alone is a reason to come to Simsbury! A really nice mix of ladies, kids, seniors and business men in for a good bite. Very friendly staff if you chat them up a bit! Crazy choices on the coffee too.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Food is always great! Sometimes cashier can be curt. Always my go to breakfast place downtown. Very cozy seating (couches and such) with a fire place. Also counters and normal sit down tables.