“Good food and priced well”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Had Sunday dinner here with my boys and can’t complain as it’s always a healthy serving and the food is delicious.
I enjoy having chips and salsa as a starter each time. We also munch on these while deciding what to eat.
Had the chicken soup and it had a healthy chunk of chicken. The make your own tacos for the boys are always a hit and the margaritas and also tasty.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Even though On The Border is a country wide restaurant chain, this location is one of my families favorite places to eat. Located off a major highway, it is easily accessible and has lots of room for parking. A festive feel greets you as you enter through the doors, accented by soft background Mexican music completing the vibe. The host and wait staff are always welcoming, pleasant, and quick. The complementary basket of warm, thin delicious chips are perfectly paired with tangy salsa. Be careful not to eat too many of them, otherwise you will not be able to eat your meal! The adult beverage selection is expansive – – having personally sampled many of the fruity and frosted ones, I can vouch for their potency and deliciousness. The appetizer and entrée selection is pretty standard, with lots of combination but always freshly made. My personal favorite is the chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce partnered with Mexican rice and refried beans. If you want something on the spicier side, there is the yellow queso as a choice of sauce. The amount of food presented on a single plate is daunting, especially after consuming the complementary chips. Sadly, all though the offerings look delicious, I never had room left for dessert.
The prices are moderate. Will always be a family go - to.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Great place for a night out. The fajitas were great, but hands down my favorite part is the margaritas. Love the open space and easy going staff. I visit every time I’m in town.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This is a chain restaurant but it's quite good. Good guacamole & chips are served fresh and warm. Convenient to the super 8 (walk).

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My daughter and I were shopping in the area and decided to have a late lunch. We ate in the bar area with high chairs at table. I ordered hard taco's and my daughter ordered a mixed green salad with fresh chicken mixed. The food was fresh as well as delicious. The taco's were large, generous serving with beans and rice. All in all, the service was outstanding as well as the food.