“DINNER AFTER OPERA IN HD”
Review of luc's cafe

luc's cafe
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This charming restaurant is tucked into the lower level of a building with another, separate, restaurant above it. Luc's main room, with its low ceilings and sturdy wood furniture, feels warm and intimate. The delicious French fare includes the classics - gratineed onion soup, mussels, charcuteries, cheeses - along with an ample selections of salads, sandwiches such as croques monsieur, and a variety of entrees. The onion soup is as deep and resonant as one could wish for; the fillet of sole comes with your choice of sauce and lightly cooked garden fresh vegetables. The capuccino was among the best I've had. Ever mindful of calories, my friend and I skipped dessert. We will go back. Soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

a favorite local spot of ours, met a couple of old friends who wanted to meet us in Ridgefield and this was the first place my husband and I thought of, its a real treasure and we feel so lucky to live close by. Whether lunch or dinner the selections are freshly made and authentically French. The indoor stone walls and outdoor patio adds to the charm u will be hard pressed to find a better dining experience in Fairfield and Westchester counties

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Had dinner there with friends who were leaving CT for good; that should have been an omen.
First off, our server was marvelous, and the music (a local guitarist - one of the most talented I have heard) was a delightful backdrop.
We only ordered one appetizer, an artichoke something or other. I don't eat artichokes, so I will pass commenting on it.
We ordered three of the specials: Rack of Lamb, Filet Mignon, and the Black Bass, and my Roast Chicken w/Fries. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their meals, mine was merely average...plainly average.
In Luc's you can have any wine you desire, as long as it is French. I don't have a problem with this, I just found it humorous. I drink Bourbon, so no problem here.
Parking is sparse, but there is a free town lot adjacent, so again, no problem.
I most likely will not go back, unless invited by friend or family.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

This is such a lovely spot to spend an evening in Ridgefield - especially the outdoor seating. I love the sole when it's offered and the mussels.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Authentic French bistro in Ridgefield? This is the place - particularly lovely in the summer time to sit outside and have some mussels and crusty bread.