All reviews halloween weekend trick or treating halloween activities wagon ride this past weekend bingo camping dave weekends bouncy campfire tubs
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Camped here about 11 years ago. Was excited to go back with a large group for a nice and relaxing week. We arrive and they tell us that the unit we were renting was not available because of a leak and a problem with the air conditioner. Moved us to a different unit further away from the group we were camping with. We were compensated with a free golf cart for 5 of our 7 day, but my husband had to ask for some kind of compensation for being displaced from the group. New trailer seems nice. Each day I would complain for my friends that my legs are getting bit by some kind of bugs. Thought it was from the ground by the camp fire. Every day my legs look worse. Nobody else has anything that looks like my legs in the group. Started to think it was the trailer then. After googling and overthinking everything, we were completely grossed out and went to the office to find out if we had bed bugs. Had already packed up all of our stuff and was prepared to throw it away. They sent the head of housekeeping and another staff member to check out the trailer. They come back and tell us the the trailer and lots and lots of fleas!!! The manager wanted to give us a complimentary say for next year. We declined that!!! Was told that they would refund our last day since we weren't staying in that trailer another second and a couple of other days. I will see what they refund us. I don't know if the owners are the same as when I was there 11 years ago, but the rental units do not look like that have been taken care of. All units need a good power washing and routine maintenance. Most trailers have a 3M cover across the roof probably because they have leaks. The unit we stayed in had part of the back interior wall in the bunk area with a strip of paneling. Didn't match any other part of the trailer and was a bad patch job. The cost of renting a park RV travel trailer was $1500 for 7 nights. Had to bring everything from home that I would need for the week - bedding, pots, pans, utensils, soap, sponges, toilet paper, etc. Certainly way over priced!!! I do have the stay that the staff was super friendly and very sympathetic to our situation. Sad that they have to answer for the lack of care and concern of the owner!

Room Tip: bring your own trailer!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Robyn M
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Sadly this campground is no where near the park that it was 15 years ago. Took my 6 year old daughter and mother to a RV rental that has an overwhelming smell of smoke. They had candles everywhere to try and cover the smoke and acted like they new nothing about it. After 1 day they gave us the option of moving to another RV which was much smaller and didn't give us the monetary difference. Also after we moved the new RV had a terrible sewer smell only to find out that it was clogged. Its quite evident that they DO NOT check all operations of any rentals and that its up to the renters to bring it to their attention to fix these things while people are already staying in them. Also, the bathrooms are NOT clean, wifi was down, one of the hot tubs was down, many of the RV rentals need to be powerwashed, the splash pad had algae causing a child to fall and hit their chin, the stairs leading to the pool area was full of weeds and the stairs to the 2nd floor rec room need attention and care. They have expanded ( i.e the splash pad and bouncy pad); however, do not expand if you cannot take care of what you have. If you charge a premium, make sure you deliver. Many people told me to go to Normandy Farms, but all of my great childhood memories were at Strawberry Park and I wanted to share that with my family, only to be embarrassed and disappointed for their lack of attention and care. I should also mention that I did reach out to let them to give them the benefit of the doubt 3 days ago, but as predicted I have not heard from anyone. I predict they will be out of business within the next 5 years unfortunately.

Room Tip: Go to Normandy Farms in Foxboro
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed this weekend, had two sites, three kiddos from 4 to 10 years. There was plenty for them to do and they stayed active all day. Pool, splash pad, bounce pillow, arts & crafts, playground a small arcade, food and ice cream snack bar and of course the Santa themed weekend added to the fun. Everything was kept up, clean bath houses, no trash blowing around and folks were friendly including staff.

A couple of things to consider;
1. There is NO quiet time, or at least it’s not enforced. Tough to get / keep kids sleeping when the party sites go all night long, even through 4:30am
2. Other campers just walk through your site, stepping over your kids. (Yes adults)
3. Golf carts go round the clock, beeping horns, driving pretty quick so watch out if you’re walking

If they could curb the after hours party sites / ask folks to tone it down after 10/11 pm I think this would be 5 stars

Probably thinking another spot for the next trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

They say no outside firewood but were unable to sell us wood on a Friday evening. No campfire that night for us. Sites way too close and overcrowded. Quiet time seems to run late for a family campground. Pool areas were way too overcrowded with minimal seats available. With that many people jammed into the campground, I would have expected more seating. To make it worse, 1 of the only 2 pools available to kids under 21 was closed for hours. (I ll let you guess why, although not the park's fault, just the clientele) Tons of activities but this doesnt offset the negatives. Mystic KOA about 10 minutes away is much better in numerous ways.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been 2 strawberry park a few times and am never disappointed. The sites are all a pretty good size. Bathrooms at facilities are all clean. A ton of activities for kids and adults. Kids loves bingo and the dance party and other activities. The pools are nice and big in season there are 3. My kids went swimming in the heated pool and had a blast. Halloween activities and trick or treating were a huge success. Studio 54 party was fun for adults. We are returning next Halloween!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends