“A great experience inside and out!! ”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #10 of 88 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Took me so long to go here and I was not disappointed. Keep in mind this was only a take-out order. Upon entering I was pleasantly surprised with the ambience of the place. Everybody seemed happy, it was a full house and they were gentleman walking around playing music for the patrons. There was also a man pushing a guacamole cart around, score!! When I took the food home me and my family were please with our meal. My rice and beans was outstanding. Vegetable quesadilla was to die for. All this for only 20 bucks with chips and salsa to boot!! I can't wait to try this place out when I eat there and check out the outdoor patio as well. The only reason I gave them a 4 is because this was take out. The Santana's would love this place.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I ate lunch at Puerto Vallarta last weekend. I had a pork and black bean dish that came with rice. My wife had a steak and chocolate dish.

My meal was a surprisingly big disappointment. The pork was very lightly seasoned (if at all) and amazingly bland. The rice they brought to go with it was soggy and entirely unflavored. The combination was almost incredibly devoid of flavor. I truly have never had an entree at any Mexican restaurant with so little flavor. I could not finish it.

The server was attentive enough. No complaints with the service.

I did need to visit the bathroom during the meal, and it was also -- let's just say it was not at all clean.

There was a basket of chips and salsa before the meal, and that I did appreciate. But the entree was overpriced and not nearly as good as I had hoped.

We will not return.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

It was our first visit on 9/10/17 at apx. 12:30 PM. We were greeted promptly at the door by a friendly hostess and seated in a booth (table 4). The dining room didn't have all that many tables occupied and we quickly received chips and salsa. So far so good. But then, it took Jessica 10 minutes to even approach our table for the drink order. By this time, we knew what we wanted so placed the order. I had the #2 combo and the hubby the #17 combo. First the food is fine, but nothing to write home about. We asked our server if they have any other salsas which might be spicier and the busser brought out two additional. My husband ordered unsweetened ice tea with a lemon and I got a water with a lemon. Well, she brought him the tea, but without one ice cube so he had to ask for a glass of ice. Thankfully I had my ice water so we shared it for awhile as it took again, quite some time to receive the ice. The restaurant and bathrooms are very clean and I would give them another shot if we happened to be in the area, but this visit didn't wow us.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We've been here many times and the food is always consistent. They have a nice outdoor patio area that fills up quickly when the weather is nice. Even if it's a little cool out they have attractive looking propane heaters. The menu is extensive with something for everyone. Have never had a bad meal there and there is often a long wait for seating because they are so busy.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We went around happy hour time. We didn't like the chips, we didn't like the flavor of the salsa, and the drinks we had were nasty. Not interested in going again.

Been to Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!