“First visit, very slow service and average food”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

It was our first visit on 9/10/17 at apx. 12:30 PM. We were greeted promptly at the door by a friendly hostess and seated in a booth (table 4). The dining room didn't have all that many tables occupied and we quickly received chips and salsa. So far so good. But then, it took Jessica 10 minutes to even approach our table for the drink order. By this time, we knew what we wanted so placed the order. I had the #2 combo and the hubby the #17 combo. First the food is fine, but nothing to write home about. We asked our server if they have any other salsas which might be spicier and the busser brought out two additional. My husband ordered unsweetened ice tea with a lemon and I got a water with a lemon. Well, she brought him the tea, but without one ice cube so he had to ask for a glass of ice. Thankfully I had my ice water so we shared it for awhile as it took again, quite some time to receive the ice. The restaurant and bathrooms are very clean and I would give them another shot if we happened to be in the area, but this visit didn't wow us.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We've been here many times and the food is always consistent. They have a nice outdoor patio area that fills up quickly when the weather is nice. Even if it's a little cool out they have attractive looking propane heaters. The menu is extensive with something for everyone. Have never had a bad meal there and there is often a long wait for seating because they are so busy.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We went around happy hour time. We didn't like the chips, we didn't like the flavor of the salsa, and the drinks we had were nasty. Not interested in going again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We made a reservation for seven people at 8pm on Saturday evening. We were running behind schedule from a graduation and called them to let them know we would arrive at 8:30. They said no problem, take your time. We arrived at 8:30 were told by the hostess no problem you are on the top of the list and will be next. We waited and waited and waited, after 20 min waiting and seeing several tables open and be seated with new people that were not even in the restaurant when we arrived I went back to the to the hostess and asked what is going on. She said oh we are waiting on a larger table to open up and it will be another 20 min or so. At this point we should have left but decided to stay as we have already been there and it may be harder to find another place to seat 7 people. While waiting in the waiting area we noticed a carpet runner flip up and trash on the floor, many waiters and even a manager walk by without taking the time to fix an obvious hazard or untidy restaurant. After another 20min I spotted a manager and explained my frustration with him. He kind of apologized and would check on it. He did not give me confidence or seem embarrassed about how we were being treated. He came back to me and said that another table should be open soon. I had to explain again if we were told we could not hold your reservation and that it would be 25min + from the start we would have understood went to another restaurant. Bottom line we were finally seated 1 hour and 12 min after we arrived. The manager offered a free appetizer for our trouble. After we were seated he came by one time with the app and we never saw him again. Maybe he was busy with some other issue but it would seem when you know there is a problem that you make every effort to make it right and follow through that the problem is resolved and people are happy. The waiter was OK but seemed to forget about us as drink refills were very infrequent, my tortillas for my meal were not delivered until I reminded him again and delivered 15 min after my food arrived. He dropped off the check and was gone for another 15min before he came back for my credit card. Overall good food, poor service, poor supervision and pricey. Jose Tejas is 10x better for food and value.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

From appetizers to margaritas, there is nothing not good at this place. I was encouraged to try the molcajete meal. It was phenomenal, but way too big! This is authentic Mexican food...one of my favorite spots to frequent.

1  Thank jcm72002

Been to Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!