“A Pleasant Surprise”

Mystic Market Kitchen & Eatery
Ranked #20 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 18 May 2018

My wife & I were in Old Saybrook cleaning up the summer cottage for the upcoming season. We had stayed too long and we were thinking about someplace for a quick lunch so we would not get stuck in the late afternoon traffic. We thought of the "Mystic Market" which we had been telling ourselves last year that we have too try. It worked out very nice as the "Mystic Market" on the way to the entrance of Route 9 North toward Middletown.

What a pleasant surprise !!! The store is set up for either sit down at a table or get tour food and go ! There is no waitress service ! You pick out a sandwich or salad that you want and soup if your wish ! Place your order & pay and then wait for your order. There were six different soups to select from which my wife loved. If you want a sandwich to be made as a panini, just put that in your order. I had the "black forest ham sandwich " prepared as a panini which was very tasty !!!

For future reference, we noticed that there was wall full of prepared foods for dinner or lunch as "take home". The options looked very nice and we will probably be back for a prepared dinner when we are here for the summer.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

I love to look at one is on offer daily in the sandwiches, but especially in the slaws, rice pilafs, vegetable offerings, always a delight. Not especially cheap, but worth the money.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Mystic Market has great take-out food.
Nice people and nice place.
We go there a lot, you should, too.

1  Thank RWT25
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We had to stop for food during a drive from NY to Rhode Island. Off exit 67 on I-95, we were headed towards a fast food restaurant when we saw this nice eatery. We were glad we went in. Soup was great, the quiche were delicious. There were samples of artisanal crackers and flavoured cheese spreads and Spanish macadamia nuts. All so good we had to buy stock for home and as gifts.

The place has only a few tables.

Most places for quick bites offer tired menus. And you expect to simply fill your empty stomachs with greasy stuff. Not at Mystic Market Kitchen and Eatery. You will be nourished with healthy and freshly prepared food.

The little posters behind the cashier signal the warm and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Cristina C A
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch. Being my first time to the Mystic Market Kitchen and Eatery, I didn’t know what to expect. Wow! It’s definitely all the names in its name. The prepared foods to go are amazing. Appetizers, dinners, sides, soups, salads, even prepared pizzas, to be baked at home. Plenty of Gluten-free and vegetarian choices! I’m sure if you wanted to eat one the the prepared meals there, they’ll heat it for you. There’s a soup bar, with a choice of 6 soups. You can eat here (in a separate dining area) or take it to go. There’s a case of about 12 salads. Everything is so fresh and yummy looking. You can get anything from fresh berry salad, kale and arugula salad, even an Asian calamari salad. You pay for the salads by weight. You can also purchase specialty sandwiches. A case of desserts to choose from as well. Cold and hot drinks are also available! Can’t wait to go back! Reasonable too.

1  Thank Bobbie W