“Hidden Gem”

Mindy K Deli Catering LLC
Ranked #15 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Mindy K's is one those examples of finding fabulous food in a beaten down strip mall - where you might be least expecting to find flavorful food.

A variety of deli sandwiches and salads are interwoven with fantastic Thai cuisine under a roof where you can order a buffalo chicken wrap as well as Pad Thai. I have never been displeased by a meal from Mindy K's - other than the first time I went and discovered that they only take cash! I had to track down an ATM (there's was not working at the time).

The salads are all terrific - my favorite is the chicken fajita salad - comes with ranch although I request the homemade peanut dressing that they provide for the small salad that comes with the Pad Thai. The Pad Thai is amazing - I would order every day. I also love the summer rolls - kind of a blue collar sushi - this rice wraps around white rice and shrimp or chicken with some veggies - the peanut sauce to dunk in is out of this world. Authentic soups are a treat too.

Prices are very reasonable and everything is made to order and there is definitely something for everyone - kids can even get a hot dog or chicken tenders if they wish to be boring.

I usually take out but many people enjoy sitting and eating while it is hot.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I've been eating at Mindy's for years now and its always excellent. They are usually packed at lunch time so you might want to call ahead. Remember its cash only! They have great sandwiches and the most authentic Thai dishes in the state. I would eat their pad thai and the fresh spring rolls every day if my girlfriend would let me. This is a can't miss for lunch. A wonderful family owned business.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Great Thai food. Summer rolls and pho noodle soup awesome. Ive been eating here for years and just keep going back. Never had a bad meal here and if you like spicy food she will kick it up as hot as you can handle.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Great family run lunch spot in Old Saybrook. Incredible menu...all fresh food. My favorites: chicken or shrimp pad Thai and pho noodle soup. This place has a very loyal following and is always busy for lunch. Very casual, great service, excellent food.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

My husband and I were recently staying in the area. We quickly learned why Mindy K was #2 on the list for Old Saybrook. I'm always looking for a combination of healthy and reasonable in price. My husband is always looking for something good to eat. We had stopped in a couple of days before, to see the menu and every seat was taken. We were back on a Wednesday afternoon, to give it a try. We had the chicken fajita salad, chicken soup and chicken pad thai. All great, fresh, large servings and more than fair prices. I am giving Mindy K a 5 star rating. It is very casual and doesn't pretend to be anything else. The service was very pleasant. We will definitely be back!