“Good variety of lunch specials!”
Review of Rosemary & Sage

Rosemary & Sage
Ranked #20 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Good food, but very loud young waitress! Went for a late lunch and a chat with my friend and kept getting interrupted! But I was pleased that they would give me double vegetables instead of potatoes, without an extra charge!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Teenzone

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Some of the upscale shoreline restaurants try to fancy their menus up with so much French, Italian vocabulary that it is difficult to know what you are ordering. Take a look at Nancy's Rosemary and Sage and you will know exactly. The salad dressings are fantastic, the fish fresh and cooked to delight. It is a small restaurant so call for reservations. The couple next to us comes once a week. If only I were so lucky!!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

It was a great restaurant. Small, quiet and service was great. The food was the best I had in Old Saybrook in a LONG time. But the clientele this local eatery attracts falls into the older population. We are a family of 4 (with 2 little ones) and we stood out like a sore thumb. Everyone in the restaurant looked over 60 years of age. Not a negative, but keep that in mind if you have kids. There are no crayons and kids menu activities here.

1  Thank john12774
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Consistently good quality, have been there several times. Most recent I had the sole, a generous portion cooked perfectly with excellent finishing sauce. When ever I’m nearby I make it a point to stop. Lunch’ s are great also

1  Thank X9009WPdavidr
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Had a gift certificate for this place I had never been to...Went with my husband this past Saturday. Made a reservation that afternoon. Got there on time & we were promptly seated. The table had a paper reserved card with my name on it~cute touch? We shred a calamari appetizer~really good, with chopped tomatoes & pepperoncini. The garlic bread basket with signature aioli was great. All enters come with a nice salad, excellent white balsamic vinaigrette. I had the fresh broiled scallops, baked potato & zucchini mix. Great dinner, but I was too full from the calamari & salad! They wrapped it up & my husband & I shared it on Sunday. My husband ordered the whole belly clams, which he enjoyed, with whipped potatoes & coleslaw. Nice wine list & cocktails. Would definitely return. Friendly staff. The only negative is that it’s a small place & loud.

Date of visit: July 2018