“Lunch to go ”

Sal's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

After waiting for a long time at DMV- I was finally able to leave - and had not had lunch yet . I was heading down the road and saw Sals pizza. I decided to give it a try. I ordered a combo grinder of sausage and meatballs with sauce and mozz cheese to go And a slice of pepperoni pizza to eat while I waited. They serve whole pizza -and also by the slice - and had several to choose from. The crust was just right -not to thick and not too thin. It was actually very tasty. Was glad I tried it. The grinder I brought home and shared it with my neighbor. We each had half with a glass of wine each - sitting outside - as it was a lovely true fall day - sunny and with a breeze and no humidity. Grinder was excellent - we both enjoyed it The restaurant part is large and neatly decorated. You can see the food being prepared as the kitchen area is in eyeshot. And they have Plenty of parking There is an area with a cooler with desserts and and area with a cooler with freshly made stuffed breads they also have gluten free dishes and gluten beer also-and vegetable dishes - The only drawback I found was they only accept cash. No credit or debit cards. I normally do not ever carry cash - I just happened to today - because of the DMV I’ll have to remember to bring cash - when I do go back to try other items in the future They do have an ATM machine in the restaurant

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Went Saturday night with two grandkids. All 4 dinners were not very good, ravioli was hard, clams and pasta had no taste, rollatini was under cooked and the salads were drenched in vinegar. All red sauces were not home made, probably from a jar. Very disappointing because we have eaten here before and it was always decent. Sals will be scratched off my list of Italian Restaurants to frequent.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This is the perfect place for great Italian food in a relaxing setting. It is deceptive just how good the food is and you cannot beat the prices. The wines are very good and very reasonably priced also.The portions are very generous. You will always go home with lunch for tomorrow. The pizza crust is perfect and we enjoyed everything we ordered. The owners are extremely warm and hospitable and prepare the food with care. It is easy to get to off of 95. Be sure to try the cannolis!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

All four or five of the dishes from chicken piccata to linguine and clam sauce were fabulous. Authentic Italian ingredients, moderately priced and a whole lot of food. My Italian father gave it two thumbs up! The desserts are fantastic as well. Very clean restaurant. Excellent Italian food. You won’t starve!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We have been going to Sal's for years now. Their pizza is consistently delicious! Oversized, especially compared to other pizza places in Old Saybrook. The crust is perfect, not to thick and not too thin. The flavors are fresh - we love getting the peppers and onions! Wish they delivered, but it's worth the trouble of picking up. The restaurant itself is always looks clean. Prepping area is open for you to see as you walk in. By far my favorite pizza in the area. Lots of other menu items to choose from including grinders, and full meals.

1  Thank Jill D