“Really fresh ingredients”

Sal's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #26 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have eaten here for lunch a few times over the past two years. The food is really excellent. The chicken parmigiana is my favorite. What really stands out to me is the tomato sauce. You can taste the freshness. It is rather unique to me and grows on you to the point I am craving it when I pass thru this part of Connecticut.

Large portions, small to medium size menu, good service. It adds up to an excellent lunch experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I use to like this restaurant but the last 3 times I ordered food I was very disappointed... The pasta was very hard...
The white sauce in the pasta was very very dry... The pizza was over cooked and the bacon in the top was like a charcoal.
And they only accept cash. 2017 and only cash?? Sounds like a joke

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stopped in for an early dinner. Wanted a nice meat topped pizza with a fairly crisp, not burnt crust. They delivered perfection. Pizza as so darn good, I was going to take some home for later, but that did not happen, ate it all up. Friendly folks work there, some customers were out of staters and demanding. Sad to see tourist have to act like complete butt heads and think that a server is their personal SERVANT.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We intended to have pizza but after looking over the menu, 3 of us had entrees and only one ordered pizza. All the entrees were very good and portions quite large so leftovers were taken home, even the pizza for one.
Service was a bit slow but it was busy and the waitstaff did a good job of keeping up with things.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best turkey grinder Ive ever enjoyed in my life! The bread was delicious, and all of the makings were fresh. It also was prepared quite quickly...I will definetly be back the next time im in town for another!