“Good choice of entrees and pizza”

Sal's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #27 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We intended to have pizza but after looking over the menu, 3 of us had entrees and only one ordered pizza. All the entrees were very good and portions quite large so leftovers were taken home, even the pizza for one.
Service was a bit slow but it was busy and the waitstaff did a good job of keeping up with things.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best turkey grinder Ive ever enjoyed in my life! The bread was delicious, and all of the makings were fresh. It also was prepared quite quickly...I will definetly be back the next time im in town for another!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The sauce was very good and cooked just right. Didn't take to long when you ordered your pizza. Have to pick it up. Great pizza and the crust was great.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

So we moved here to the shoreline a year ago and all my husband has talked about is Sal's, what a MAJOR disappointment this night was. They had clam chowder and beef mushroom barley soup, I have a cold and wanted the Italian Wedding or Chicken Noodle that was on the website. So I differed to my husband who orders a plain pepperoni pizza half pepperoni half with mushrooms only it was thin crust just ok. The environment was sterile like a hospital cafeteria, nothing warm and inviting and the choices on the menu were nothing special, lots of huge portions of pasta that we saw, lots so over weight people and blue hairs, not a good sign, they live off of that kind of food for days. Does not mean quality, means quantity! Will not be back ever again!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Sals has very good food generally. I ordered for the family for pick up, and was told 30 min. No problem . 30 min later showed up and had to wait over 10 minutes for pasta and meatballs. Did they apologize? No. Offer a 1/2 slice of pizza or free salad? No. Anything? No. I won't be rushing back.