“Great choice for breakfast or lunch”
Review of Paperback Cafe

Paperback Cafe
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Impossible to go wrong with paperback, breakfast or lunch. Plenty of menu choice including paleo and GF. Love caveman smoothie, had excellent Latin omelet, we've been many times and always pleased, you will be too. Casual, local flavor, nice , competent servers. Promise you'll like it.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This one of those places that if you don’t visit it, really you weren’t in town.
This Coffee House and Eatery serves Breakfast and Lunch, closing by 3pm.
On Sunday Mornings, they had a live Jazz music performed by the “Laid Back Jazz” group.
The food is very good (I love their Harsh Browns and its Veggie Pita) and servers are faster, polite and proficient, as well as the kitchen that works at full speed.
The venture has been there for over 20 years and the live music is awesome, have the magic to take you some years back.
All that provide an incredible atmosphere for your Sunday brunch.
Take a Sunday to go there and end your visit cruising the CT Route 154 to Saybrook Point and Essex and you’ll had a glorious day.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

My spouse and I have been coming here for years. After a 1 year haiatus we returned​ last weekend. Still a great menu, well prepared, and promptly served.

The staff have changed, as I understand has the owner, but the breakfast options are still great and hard to beat. (I don't easily give 5 stars!)

1  Thank ldldjr
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I ate here twice during my overnight stay at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. At first, it seemed like an old diner, but boy was I wrong. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly. They even gave me the recipe for the smoothie that I ordered. I highly recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch. What I love about the Paperback Cafe is that I can order breakfast or lunch. The last time I was here, I got a delicious omelet. This time I had a yummy salad with both grilled portobello mushroom slices and chicken. The sandwich selections are great too.