“Lunch”

Ranked #44 of 83 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Price range: USD 10 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Let us introduce ourselves! We are The Back Porch Restaurant on the Connecticut River in Old Saybrook. We serve lunch and dinner daily, featuring great food, a full bar, game room, and expansive patio with an incredible water views. At night we light our fire pits and on the weekends, feature live music. So whether you are in the mood for a meal or want to kick back with a drink and enjoy the cool breeze and sunset views, The Back Porch is the place for you!
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Came on a recommendation of a friend. Had lunch and was not overly impressed. The meals were dry and not very good. The view was ok overlooking the Connecticut River and the boats

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I had a blast here with my parents and a friends family who is into lighthouses like me. I had fun looking at his albums. Great waitstaff and fun Waterfront restaurant.

1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I visited this restaurant in the peak of the summer. First, it was packed which made service a little slow. The meals and drinks were very pricey. I did not find the food to be exceptional, especially given the prices. There was some music playing. Nice views but overall, I was not overly impressed.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Sat outside on a beautiful September afternoon watching all the activity on the waterfront. Lobster roll was good but boring compared to the plentiful lobster grilled cheese. OMG pure food heaven. We'd come back again for lunch when we're in the area and get 2 grilled cheese the next time.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Fun place to visit on a random saturday night in September. A few of my family members and I met my girlfriend and her daughter from an impromptu dinner and hang out recently. Great time. Fun crowd, attentive staff and above average food. Located on the water, we had a nice breeze all night and had fun catching up, listening to great live music and just enjoying the surroundings.

Had the pasta with chicken. Very heavy but good. Rest of the group had the usual seafood fare - lobster rolls, fried clams and a crusted tuna salad. Calamari to start was very good.

Food was reasonably priced and atmosphere was a lot of fun.