“Excellent food; slow service ”
Review of Old Lyme Inn

Old Lyme Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Lyme Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, International, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boston Post Rd.
Transit: Our guests visiting from the I-95 corridor (Boston to New York) may request free pick up from the Old Saybrook, Amtrak-Shoreline East train station.
Description: Our chefs work diligently to offer dishes that run the gamut from traditional selections to unique options that will challenge the way you think about food. The lunch and dinner menu, as well as the wine and cocktail list, change seasonally and employ locally grown and deliciously fresh produce, meat, and seafood; as well as farm-roasted coffee and homemade ice cream.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Very enjoyable meal w our visiting son. Great menu w lots of variety: son had filet mignon w lobster mashed potatoes which he loved. Hubby had fresh white clam sauce over linguine and I had roasted veggies w plum tomato sauce and shaved parm over linguine. Both of us had delicious house salads w glazed pecans and apple slices and white balsamic vinaigrette. We all cleaned our plates and left no room for dessert! We’ll be back. Only drawback was slow service when it came time for the check: our waitress was running between the dining room and outside patio diners and could have used some help. I’ve seen that complaint from other reviews so I hope the owners will try to address it. This restaurant has a lot going for it otherwise.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place. The food is very good the atmosphere is so relaxing and lovely and they even have an outdoor eating area in the warmer months. This restaurant is a staple for my husband and myself.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018

My wife and I have been going here for a few years now, and generally loving it. However, slow service can be a problem, Sometimes it's very good, but lately - more often than not - it's just plain bad. We went last weekend and it took us and another couple a full hour to get our drinks - beer and wine - and another 45 minutes to get our food. My plate then wasn't even complete - it took another 10 minutes to get my toast (dry as a bone by the time it arrived) and 5 more to get plastic packages of jelly. I then ended up having to clear my own plates! The couple we brought said they'd never come again. No apology from the waitress. The hostess, who was apologetic - but offered nothing but excuses - told us it was one of their best waitresses! In addition, I was told by another customer that the jazz quartet drummer was the owner - and if that's true it speaks for itself.
A real shame, because otherwise this place is a gem.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We stopped in for lunch at the bar. Very nice ambiance. Bartender was great, we asked him to turn on the fireplace and he was happy to do it. The salads were fresh and delicious. We had the Cobb and a house salad with a grilled piece of Salmon. The Salmon was awesome! Dessert menu looked amazing, we had the lemon pudding cake. Delicious!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We visited The Old Lyme Inn on a snowy New England evening. So beautiful! Who could as for more? Well more we got. Our bartender was professional and very accommodating.
The menu was well thought out and the choices were all tempting. We loved every minute of our visit. Enjoy!

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Old Lyme Inn? Share your experiences!