“Yummy sandies near gambling”

Press on Sandwich Crafters
Price range: USD 10 - USD 14
Description: Quaint sandwich shop serving chef prepared grilled sandwiches and paninis, soups, salads, and desserts.
Reviewed 17 March 2016

This lil shop is a few miles away from foxwoods casino. We stopped there on a recent trip to Connecticut and weren't disappointed.

First - the service is remarkable. Pleasant owner and cook. He recommended things, checked on us, and made sure everything was perfect. He cares deeply about the food he serves and the restaurant he runs.

The food was great - Robin's minstrel is a twist on a thanksgiving sandwich that was incredibly tasty. The French Taunter was decent as well, with roast beef and arugula and a horseradishy sauce. Sandwiches are nicely toasted in a panini type press. I would recommend the thai peanut pasta side, though it is small it was quite good. If in the mood for dessert, I would pick the brownie over the cookies. Other items on the menu included salads, soups, other special sandwiches and the basic sandwich ingredients where you can customize your own creation.

Overall the meal was very good and I would go again. The ticket for two sandies, two drinks and a 2.00 cookie was about 27 dollars.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

It is a small place but has great food. The soups are tasty and the sandwiches are generous and interesting. Not the same old same old. The California
"Unroll" is my favorite

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, coffee, service by the owners and their young family. I felt as if my serendipitous stop midway through a 60 miles bicycle ride for water was meant to be. I will be returning with my wife soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Stopped by based on fabulous reviews on TripAdvisor and couldn't be more pleased. Had two of the Robins Minstrel sandwich with chips on sourdough - absolutely delicious plus coffee that also was delicious. Prices very reasonable and portions more than ample. Owner very personable as well as members of the family. This place is not easily seen but well worth the hunt!

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

We stopped at this gem on our motorcycle trip to North Stonington Ct. We where looking for a quick bite to eat and spotted this. We went in and Mike the owner and his son Gabrielle where very friendly and helpful. I had a special, turkey, stuffing, cranberry on a wrap. Huge portion. It came with chick pea salad. Very tasty. My husband had another type of sandwich on cranberry bread. It was very fresh and delish. We saw he offered breakfast so we told Mike we would be back today. I had the fried egg and bacon sandwich on cranberry bread. Soooo good. My husband had an omlett, all kinds of fresh vegetables and toast. The baked goods are also home made and to die for. We will certainly be back to this wonderful sandwich shop. Thank you again for being so friendly and outgoing. You have a wonderful family as well. See you soon.
Cathy and David