“Stromboli”
Review of Johnny Pastrami

Johnny Pastrami
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I had the pepperoni Stromboli which came with some marinara sauce for dipping. The Stromboli looked good but lacked meat and flavor. Now the marinara was delish and made the Stromboli doable!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Nothing great but a good sandwich for the money. Quick service and the chicken isn't the best but again a fair price.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

food less than fair. prices more expensive than in NYC. smaller sandwiches that at a fast food burger place. service was ok. a gas station/truck stop/conv.store combination. If you do not have to don't. I did but the sandwich was small,expensive and not tasty.
I hate doing reviews like this as it means I did not get the style of meal I was looking for.
I should go in the kitchen to teach them how to cook and I do not know how to cook.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Melt in your mouth pastrami with awesome pickles and mustard. Not a long wait and plenty to view in CT welcome center.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I can't rate Johnny Pastrami as I have never eaten there and sbarro's - wouldn't eat it if free. I have had fried chicken here which was less than memorable.

If you really want food, this isn't the place to get it. I have stopped here and searched for a sandwich and while they have many in the refrigerated case none ever really appealed to me.

I stop here because it's the only Stuckey's north of the Mason Dixon except one in PA, and it brings back memories of driving down south in the 60s and getting the coconut candy etc. I usually pick up some of the 2 for $3.00 trail mix or candies even though they aren't any different from what you can get in a drugstore or grocery store.. They do have the Stuckey's pecan rolls, divinity etc. (but too sweet for me).

The stop also had a huge amount of Rhode Island and CT souvenirs and rest-stop gift items which can't be found in any rest stops in CT (especially now that the Statement stores are gone), so if you want a magnet or keychain or a personalized flask or photo frame or travel toys for the kiddies, this was your place. Now that Pilot has taken over the place most of the gift area is a lone prarie of emptiness and the few things left are crammed in a small area and, I got the feeling, once gone will not be replenished as all Pilots seem to have the same small souvenir sections with the same souvenirs.

I don't know what will take their place as this is a huge area...there doesn't seem to be a need for tables and chairs to fill that space.

At any rate, not much reason to visit this particular spot any longer except for the Stuckeys, and as far as gas, get it in Rhode Island (or elsewhere in CT if coming from the west/south). Pilot is usually the lowest price around...but here it was forty cents more than I spent in Rhode Island not ten miles back and forty more than at the Milford Pilot. It was even ten cents higher than the nearest Mobil station at the I-95 rest stop, which is a feat. C'mon, Pilot, what are you doing here?