“Never agian!”

and 1 more site!
Niantic Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I didn't have a reservation just driving through. It looked like a nice little town to stay for the night. They had a vacancy on the basement floor. I knew it wouldn't be a good night the minute we walked in the room. The room was musty/damp. There was a dehumidifier but it didn't help much. The windows didn't lock so I really didn't feel safe and didn't get a good nights sleep. In the morning I noticed the bathroom wasn't really clean, found hair on the floor and urine stains on the bottom of the toilet base. The tub was either stained or really old. And the shower curtain had either shampoo or shaving cream on the inside so I decided not to shower. The bed was hard, but that is my personal taste.I used the sink after I wiped it down with my Lysol wipes. I left ASAP! The next time I stop in a hotel I think I will look around before I commit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank abrfoec
There are newer reviews for Niantic Inn

Reviewed 18 August 2010

If you are a fussy, high maintenance type, forget this place. If you're looking for a place to stay close to a beach, beautiful walk, in a cute town all within walking distance you might consider the Niantic. Rooms are really large! Nice having the microwae and mini fridge and table & chairs. Maintenace and cleanliness not so great. Service folks were trying to help with extra cleaning when asked and gave us extra towels when requested but did not really clean rooms throughly between guests.

Big Negative, security is lacking. Yes, you need a room key to get into the building but several locks and closing mechanisims on the windows of our partially below ground level 1st floor room were broken. We had access to other rooms ,as we were part of a larger group ,and other rooms also had security problems. We found that our key also opened other room doors as did one of our friend's keys. Scary! Anyone could have walked up to our room's window, pushed it open and climbed in. Either request a room on 2nd or 3rd floor or avoid this place. Some 1st floor rooms also had musty odors. We felt like we were sleeping in a damp basement. It was worse with air-conditioner on. Only way we could clear the air was to yup, open the window and hope not to get mugged in our sleep.

Despite these issues, owners and front staff friendly and we enjoyed most of the stay. If they can fix the broken window mechanisms and rethink and redo their security locks on building, doors and windows, and somehow effectively deal with mustiness issues, I would not hesitate to recommend the Niantic.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank ilt35
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Though Niantic is a bit off the beaten path, it is within easy driving distance of many interesting sights including New London and Mystic. At the Niantic Inn, my husband and I enjoyed being in a quiet area and yet conveniently close to shops and restaurants. Strolls along Hole in the Wall Beach and through a nearby park added to our vacation pleasure. The service at the Niantic Inn was superb. We had a convenience suite and enjoyed the comfort and spaciousness. We're eager to return!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2009

One of the windows in our room would not close, the bathroom sink did not drain properly, the towels smelled moldy/musty, and on 2 of the 5 days/nights our room was not serviced. The front desk person was pleasant when he was at work, but the reception desk/front office was not open on Saturday or Sunday of our stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MinnesotaSmitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
4.1 km away
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
9.1 km away
Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area

Been to Niantic Inn? Share your experiences!