“Awesome miso soup”

Tokyo Cafe Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I live relatively close and I buy their miso soup all the time. It's a small place, but staff are friendly and the food is good. Their sushi is also good. Make sure you have cash! (Only form of payment taken)

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

One of those little hole in the wall places that outshines all the rest. I love the hibachi dishes. My wife and daughter have made it their mission to work through every delicious sushi dish on the menu.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

First visit to this family run, small cafe. It's one of those great little place that is a gem of a find. They have very tasty sushi. We had Kani salad which was a deal on price, a nice portion and taste in every bite. The pork potstickers must have been handmade. Light pastry fried just crisp and amazing flavor. 3 sushi rolls which were generous and had the right layers of flavor so no need to soak in soy sauce. Each of the special rolls had its own flavor. The rolls were American Dream, Spicy Girl and Out of Control. They only take cash. We will be back often

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Absolutely delicious. Consistently great sushi! I love that they have low sodium soy sauce on the tables. Simple and unassuming, I never would have tried this unless recommended. The only downside is cash only.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

This is Newington's gem and a must visit.

The food is like no other. I have had other hibachi or sushi and the taste simply does not compare to Tokyo Cafe's. But it doesn't stop there at the food. The packaging of the food, the service, compassion and dedication this family puts into their business. They only have 1 day off during the week as they are closed on Sundays.

The food is really reasonably priced especially the lunch deals. They no longer accept credit card, it's cash only and there is an ATM machine inside. Although I don't always carry cash on me, I'm ok with what they did because it helps keep the cost down.

If you haven't been, go. It's a better alternative than fast food. This place is so good, my 7 year old wanted to eat at Tokyo for his birthday dinner because he loves their fried rice. They surprised us with some sushi and treated us to a little ice cream treat with a candle for this birthday.

1  Thank Todd0237