“First Visit to the Montauk House Cafe”
Review of Montauk House Cafe

Montauk House Cafe
Ranked #14 of 153 Restaurants in New London
Price range: USD 6 - USD 12
Description: We are in love with food and want to share that passion with you. Our devotional creations are hand-crafted in our cafe for you to enjoy or we'll bring the experience right to you and your whole crew. You can even take our lovingly prepared meals home for when the mood strikes you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was very pleased with the tiny Montauk House Cafe. I went there because of other reviews and I ordered the "Yardbird" chicken sandwich. It was.... humongous and delicious. The taste of the homemade pickles with their sweetness blended perfectly with the spice from the thinly sliced jalapenos. The chicken itself was large, tender and perfectly coated with fried deliciousness.

The two guys in the kitchen were awesome. Well done, I can't wait to come back and try the fish tacos with swordfish!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Extremely satisfying & simple. Superb homemade meatballs. great menu, all fresh and the best homemade potato chips in New London. A spot not to be missed for friendly assistance in making your choice.
Be back soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Searched for a lunch place in the area before I had to go to our company's satellite office. Saw rave reviews for this place and I'm glad I tried it. What a quaint place located in a residential area. Easy to spot, easy to park. Warm and inviting with really good food. I got the falafel wrap. Falafel is a hit or miss in any place but their falafel was moist and had a nice texture. The flavors of the rest of the ingredients complemented the falafel. Their housemade chips are light and crisp with the perfect amount of seasoning. Not salty at all. I will return!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The other day my boss ordered lunch for us and I got the falafel salad. The ingredients were fresh and delicious. I couldn't wait to return. Two days later, I found myself googling directions and today for lunch I had a Muffalatta which was mouth-watering and delicious. I think the top secret pickles were "to die for". Thanks for another incredible lunch experience. See you tomorrow! (just kidding) See you soon! I plan to tell all my friends about you! MK

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The food is only surpassed by the courteousness and friendliness of the owner and staff. We make the trip from southern Mass to western CT often and this will be a must do stop. We each had a different lunch sandwich and each had food envy for what we didn't order. As my son said, "this is a place to come back often for a menu tour." The chicken salad is the best I have ever had and the falafel wrap was the perfect combination of crunchy and creamy. Looking forward to our next trip!