“Quick Hot Dog and Monster French Fry Basket”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jake's Diggity Dogs
Ranked #201 of 617 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I needed a quick lunch and stopped to check this Dog Stand out ... nothing special about the dogs, but the owner makes up with a huge fry serving ... pictures on the wall are interesting while you eat ...

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Jakes menu of hot dog choices is phenomenal. He uses foot long all beef Hebrew National dogs with some of the most creative toppings you've ever tasted. My first visit (solo) I had the All American dog with chili, cheese, tomatoe,onions. All fresh ingredients and awesome. I then ordered a "second"'dog called the TEX. Chili, bacon and BBQ sauce. Incredible flavor combination. I came back 4 days later with a couple of friends and we did a taste test. Jake gave us 3'hotdogs cut into 1/3's. Classic Chicago, Rueben with pastrami, Swiss and kraut, and a Chicken Teryaki. His homemade grilled rolls are toasted to perfection and a perfect
Compliment for any combo. It's a small hole in the wall facility but definitely worth the trip into New Haven. The. Rueben is my favorite so far but the menu list is long and DEFINITLEY a challenge. Will return real soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

We came from the Alive@5 concert in Stamford, CT, with our son and his girlfriend. They brought us to Jake's. What a treat!! Toppings vary from the usual to the unusual (pickles, mustard, ketchup, onions to mac & cheese to coconut!). I had to try the Hawaiian, a hot dog with coconut flakes and pineapple chunks. Sounds pretty strange, but it was GREAT! We didn't try Jake's other novelty, Mochi Ice Cream, but we certainly will next time!!

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I'm not a hot dog person. I went to Jake's while on a tour with "Taste of New Haven." The place is no bigger than a shoe box but let me tell you that they can make a hot dog! We were served a dog with kraut and pastrami on it. It was so good that we were fighting over the last few pieces! I can't wait to come back and taste some other kinds: like the macaroni and cheese dog and the one with the Frito Lays chips on it!! Omg!!! While you're there you must try their "Moshi" ice cream. It is unique and weird and yet so delightful. Great little place that serves up BIG flavor!!!

1  Thank PoshPrincessTravel
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

For a hotdog, chips, and drink think of paying 10 to 12 dollars. They use Hebrew National not Hummel which is a disappointment considering the location.

Small shoebox restaurant if you want a quick lunch. Don't order the burger. Big but tasteless. Stick with the hotdogs.