“Surprising”

Knights of Columbus Museum
Ranked #7 of 67 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: A journey through history, art & faith.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We visited here on our day trip to new haven and were pleasantly surprised. We thoroughly enjoyed looking at the Christmas trees decorated by local school children before going to look at the nativities from around the world. The store is also excellent and we bought some lovely gifts to take home. All staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. A great visit!

KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"creche"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We went to see the creches from around the world but there was so much more to see as well. We were there for 2 hours and could have spent a lot more time. It is a very well laid out museum, very clean and terrific displays.

KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent review of WWI, including a welcome explanation of countries involved and reasons for involvement. Also, children's classroom Christmas trees were well done and beautiful. Kudos to teachers and K of C for presentation.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

The museum is always clean, safe with free parking & admission, staffed with very helpful people and includes one of the best gift shops around. I went to see the nativity scenes and was delighted to also see the World War I exhibit. The films with actual WWI footage, the artifacts, the reenactments and the numerous pictures & explanations really brought the experience to me personally. It was so moving, as well as educational. Wonderful, impressive display. The nativity scenes were far fewer in number than previous years, but enjoyable on the second floor. The Knights of Columbus historical galleries on the first floor are always impressive and enjoyable to explore. There were additional K of C displays on the second floor and I enjoyed seeing the K of C council chambers. Every time I come, it is an enjoyable experience and I learn new things. I admit I have even gone there just for the gift shop; that's how good with unique items it is. Everything is accessible, with an elevator from parking to displays and toilets on each floor.

KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved this museum. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a very friendly lady who made me feel warm and welcome. I learnt so much in the WW1 section & especially loved the trench part. The nativity scene section upstairs is fantastic as well. I loved every minute of my visit - can’t believe it’s free! Amazing! Thank you so much! :-)

Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience!

Been to Knights of Columbus Museum? Share your experiences!