“A good find in Mystic”

Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 41 Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: USD 19 - USD 34
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in a newly renovated 19th century landmark on the shores of the Mystic River, our welcoming ambiance captures a fresh essence of the maritime experience. Natural hues surround a unique combination of historical and contemporary elements including extraordinary photographs from the Rosenfeld Collection. Choose to dine in one of our main dining rooms, gather with family or friends for casual fare in our classic tavern, warm yourself near one of our fireplaces or enjoy cool river breezes as you dine al fresco; we offer something for every taste. Serving new American cuisine, using the highest quality ingredients; we practice a no boundaries approach to flavors and techniques. We support our local farmers and pride ourselves with a philosophy based on consistency, creativity, innovation and inspiration. Latitude 41 is truly a destination dining experience.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

On Saturday the ninth of September my wife and I toured Mystic seaport. Getting a bit hungry we found Latitude for lunch. Conveniently located adjacent to the museum. The Manhattan clam chowder was great. My wife's halibut over salad was perfectly prepared fish. The lobster salad was ok but nothing special. All told this is a very good restaurant. The lobster salad could be improved. Service was great.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful lunch with friends while in Mystic/Foxwoods for a long weekend. Beautiful setting outside along the river. Delicious food and warm and excellent service. I had a great market salad with a large perfect piece of salmon on it. We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This restaurant is at the Mystic Seaport and it provides good food in a popular (touristy) area. We are from Connecticut and don't go to Mystic all that often because of the traffic, crowds and limited free parking. This restaurant has free parking and it is a little way from Main St, which makes the traffic bearable. Although I would have preferred the dining room, my husband chose the tavern and I might have enjoyed the experience more in the dining room. We sat away from the bar near a window and throughout our dinner, a band was setting up less than one foot from our table. They were really in our space. We probably should have asked to move, but the members of the band arrived one at a time and our space was invaded more and more as the meal went on. The waitstaff was clearly "friends" with the band members and they were more interested in their comfort than ours. After my salad, which was a wonderful mixture of greens, goat cheese, and other items, I left my messy fork and knife on the plate and the busser picked them up and put them on the table outside of the placemat, for me to use with my main course. Although I should have been more pleasant. I told her that I thought that was disgusting and asked if I could have fresh tableware. She did oblige, but I don't think this represents the best of training and again, making sure that the meal is pleasant for diners.
The food was good. The flavors were unique and well-blended. I really liked the taste of the asparagus/lobster crepes and ricotta stuffed meatballs. The crepes, however, were warm and I think the sauce should have been heated more. I didn't want the staff to microwave the dish and ruin the nice consistency of the crepes. so I ate them the way they were served. My husband enjoyed his bouillabaisse and thought it was excellent.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Friends of mine booked their wedding here and it was one of the nicest wedding venues I've ever been to, mostly because of things important to me = the bar and food! Besides the stunning view of the water during the ceremony, the hors d'oeuvres were fab, especially the mediterranean tarts and the tuna. Once inside, the salad with goats cheese was a perfect starter before the very generous helping of braised short rib, which was by far the best wedding main I have ever had. Even better, if you're picky like me and not satisfied with the cheap wine offered at the wedding bar, you're allowed to walk over to the main restaurant bar and order a more preferable drink there. I recommend the banana mocha cocktail!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We went here to sit at the bar and have a beverage and an appetizer and we were very impressed. The bartender was friendly and attentive and we order a tuna sushi type of appetizer that was out of this world! The tuna was so fresh Nd the combination of fruit, nuts, tuna and sea weed was delicious. Drinks were generous pours and we will go back anytime we go to Mystic!