“Glad we found this memorable restaurant.”
Review of S & P Oyster Co

S & P Oyster Co
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I fortunately made 5:40 pm "reservations" (which they call preferred seating) on President's Day weekend. Place was busy. Even though there is a parking lot there are limited spaces. We managed to find a spot across the street. Even though the sun had already set, we had a nice water view from our table. Service was professional and attentive. My husband ordered the N.E. clam chowder and the Seafood Pasta. I had the green salad and the Bouillabaisse. My husband felt it was the best chowder he's had. His fresh pasta dish had plenty of tender seafood in a tasty sauce that was neither too rich or watered-down. I was pleasantly surprised with my green salad of hand torn lettuce leaves and sliced baby tomatoes artfully displayed. The bouillabaisse also had ample amount of tender seafood in a hearty tomato-based sauce.

We shared the house specialty dessert of bread pudding which was presented nice and warm with creme fraiche. It was a great way to end a satisfying meal. We will definitely be back.

Restaurant is located before the historical draw bridge and shops.

spoyster, Guest Relations Manager at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear NCVCo,

WOW, this is a lovely capture of your dining experience. So happy to hear you enjoyed our award winning Clam Chowder. I will be sure to share your experience with our Chef. Being located in the heart of Downtown Mystic does have it perks however parking is limited at times. I see you also ordered the bread pudding which is our owners grandmothers famous recipe. So comforting in the heart of winter. Please be sure to visit us again when the weather warms up and request a seat on our lovely patio overlooking the Mystic River.

Kristel Arbour

Write a ReviewReviews (2,685)

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here last night. We were inprired by reviews. We come to Connecticut every year this weekend. Decided to go somewhere. Service was excellent. Food was average. Nothing to brag about. Should have stuck to our usual spots .Not sure we will go back

1  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This is always good and the service is superior. The other Oyster club in town can't touch this place for location, food and service.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My friends and I headed to Mystic for a girls’ dinner at Anthony Js, but the wait was an hour. So we ended up at S& P. I haven’t been here in years. The food was outstanding and the waitress was super! Two of us couldn’t decide what we wanted between two different meals, so she surprised us and was spot on! Three of us got seafood dishes: tuna, crab ravioli, and a salmon dish. The other non seafood lover got the tomato soup and a salad with chicken. We all loved our meals! I had leftovers which were presented nicely in a recyclable black cardboard container and nice bag. I would highly recommend if you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We came here today based on TA reviews and we thought it was fine. Our servers were good and the food was ok. I had the crab sandwich special which was just ok. My husband had the seafood ambrosia which was good. The food was just average but the views were lovely. I think it's worth a visit because of the location and value.

spoyster, Guest Relations Manager at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Kim449,

Thank you sharing your dining experience. We are very fortunate to be here along the Mystic River enjoying this lovely view everyday, especially during the Summer months. Do be sure to come back and enjoy the warm weather out on our patio. I am going to share your feedback on the crab sandwich and seafood ambrosia with our chef as these are two of our best sellers. We certainly hope to see you again soon Kim.

Kristel Arbour

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!