“Wonderful Place”
Review of The Green Room

The Green Room
Ranked #49 of 167 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Green Room is a lovely experience, from start to finish. It is cozy, beautifully decorated with paintings and photographs (some for sale by local artists!). It has the comfort and charm of a bed and breakfast. The owners are very friendly and warm, so the atmosphere is inviting and makes you want to come back. There were appetizingly unusual special items--I decided to give the cauliflower and pear soup a try. It was delicious! The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are bright. Even the house salad is "dressed up" with pieces of fresh (and I mean fresh) fruit and a light but complimentary dressing. Usually I hesitate to order a soup and salad combo for lunch, but the portions here are very ample. I had a large bowl of soup and almost a full "side" salad, with a soft, warm roll on the side. This was an incredible experience. I highly recommend stopping in!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We always get their french press coffee. It is the best around. Food is great also. Nice place to take your time.

1  Thank mascaro_peter
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Middleton looking for a bite to eat. Several locals recommended The Green Room as the place to eat and it didn't disappoint. They have a beautiful court yard to sit out in if the weather permits.

I had The Chic Pea burger and my husband had The Cure burger. Both were delicious, we couldn't think of a single thing we would change. There was a minor issue with my husband's meal but this was looked after promptly by staff. Would happily recommend and we will definitely be back if in the area again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Was taken out to lunch here by a new work colleague, who commented it's a favorite amongst her workplace. I'm a big fan of supporting local businesses, so thought this sounded great.

It took awhile for staff to notice our presence and seat us, but once settled in, the sweet older owner (?) was super friendly and attentive. A cute and homey establishment, with a small, but healthy menu. Items are made with the freshest of ingredients, and substitutions are welcome. Daily specials to boot.

A little on the pricier side, but it feels like home with warm soup and fresh breads. Not sure if it's very vegan or gluten-free friendly, but the random decorations and grandma's crockery all around the small eatery make it a one-of-kind kinda place :)

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The Green Room is our place to go to have a lady lunch. They make terrific salads and the staff's warm and friendly. It's a lovely setting, with plenty of time to talk. (And we've spotted men there, too.)

1  Thank n2good