New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Weir Mill Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 Willand B&B and Inns
London
“Weir Mill Farm B&B Devon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We had an unfortunate experience with Weir Mill B&B which was caused by myself, but to which the proprietoress did not respond either graciously or kindly. We had driven down to attend a wedding and, like many weddings, found ourselves being overtaken by events and I called much later than I had told them I would. The proprietor said 'didn't you have a phone' and while of course I did, I was not with my bag and was in the middle of dinner - which was later than I had thought. I had told her I would call in the afternoon, but called at 8:30 pm. I was apologetic - but when we arrived, we were completely cold shouldered, and shown our room. At breakfast, she was completely perfunctory and almost rude - didn't ask us anything or speak at all to me or my children. We couldn't have been easier - came home, went to sleep, ate and left - but she was so cold for such a small mis-demeanor on my part I really cannot say that this was a great experience. Of course I should have tried to call earlier - but I wasn't that late and I was very apologetic and at pains not to cause any further fuss. Her persistent cold shouldering was un called for, I am afraid. The room itself was spotless and comfortable - so it was a shame that we will not go again!

Room Tip: The family room was very comfortable and large enough for 2 adults and two grown kids - nice bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank olulia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Booked all 3 rooms to attend a local wedding for 2 nights, the farmhouse is very adequate but it’s a working farm and it was early February and during a cold snap with sleet and rain. The rooms were not suitably pre-heated in advance and the expected cosy atmosphere was only achieved after we had been there for 24hours. The breakfast is very good but at £32 (£37 single) per person per night, you would expect that. We were offered the use of the lounge. You have to drive through a housing estate to get to the farm which seemed a bit weird but we are city folk so what do we know. Cash or cheque is the preferred payment option. I am sure in the spring or summer its takes on an additional beauty.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MartinBrophy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is an excellent B&B, which is astonishing value for money, and makes a good stopover close to J27 / J28 of the M5. Our room was spacious and very well decorated and equipped and the bathroom was huge. Breakfast was excellent and our hostess very welcoming.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WBBAnon
murwillumbah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

We stayed at Weir Mill Farm twice; at the start of a month of B&Bs around the UK and at the end. The setting was idyllic and the allocated room was spacious and well appointed. The hostess was both friendly and considerate and refreshments had been provided in the room as well as magazines. Additionally there were comfortable chairs positioned next to the window so that guests could relax and enjoy the view whilst in the comfort of the upstairs bedroom. The breakfast was prompt and enjoyable. This B& B was certainly excellent value and one of the best four star venues that we stayed at.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MurwillumbahMax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willand
4.4 km away
7.0 km away
Bowhayes Farm
Bowhayes Farm
#1 of 2 in Culmstock

Been to Weir Mill Farm? Share your experiences!