“Delicious food”

Ranked #9 of 143 Restaurants in Meriden
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who had live in Meriden for many years. It wasn’t a disappointment. The six of us each had something different and apparently each dish was very good. There were smiles all around.

My clam linguine was excellent and I noticed that there were several takeaways. I’ll return.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

My godmother said that she missed San Souci as she didn’t like to drive on busy roads any longer(thank God) but wanted to go back there because she missed their food.

So guess where we took her to celebrate her birthday? You got it!

My wife and I have been there many times over the past 25+ years for many great meals for many celebrations and have always been served great meals. We’ve had the seafood, steaks, poultry, veal, and pretty much everything on the menu.

It’s a great place with great food, fantastic friendly service and very reasonable prices.

Buono Appetito!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I feel bad for the place. It has slipped so much due to the waitstaff. We sat at the bar and a table of 8 sat down. Took them almost a half an hour to be waited on. And that was drinks only. Then another half hour for a food order. Now I must admit the food hasn’t changed and is still good but they need to either hire a true responsible bartender or close it down. I am not the only one who has complained either. I have seen the regulars leave because of it. Something needs to be done before the place goes under. So sad

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Love this place and their rib eye. Always the best cut and cook to perfection. Make reservations as this place is always booked up. Love going during early bird to beat the crowd and have better service as less packed before the big parties come in. Prefer the garden room as the window view is more comfortable and seating is less compact. Surprised that there wasn't a really strict dress code which was great for us. Prices are slightly high but for special occasions there's no better place in town.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We went in with high hopes ,to book for a small wedding ...thank goodness we tried it out before we booked . The food was tasteless and the fried calmerie was saturated with oil ,roast beef was one third fat I really want to book San Souci

Date of visit: July 2018