All reviews no frills front desk staff hot water room was clean bee street mini kitchen esa highway muffins nyc
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We couldn't believe it. WE registered and ultimately were given our room assignment on the 3rd floor. Immediately after walking out of the elevator the smell of smoke (from cigarettes was over powering) we did go to the room it also had a smoked in smell. So... back down to the registration desk to discover that the 2nd and 3rd floors are smoking floors. Since we don't smoke we asked for a room on the first floor there was none available.

The young lady at the registration desk was not rude she was polite and level headed, she was not offended by our comments about the smoke smell..BUT said she couldn't give us a refund we had to go thru priceline then priceline person made us go to another site. 45 minutes later we had a commitment to a refund.

NEVER have I known of a hotel with a smoking policy, I understand smokers need a place to stay BUT PLEASE put it on you website.

FYI this is not a 3 start hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Don, thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for the smoke smell you experienced. On rare occasions we have guests who do not adhere to the property rules concerning smoke. We are terribly sorry you had an uncomfortable visit, and hope you will give us a chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I was a nice stay the room was nice they just need to update something but it was clean staff was nice I would stay again not far from the stores either so come stay at Extended Stay tell them hi

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Christine, it was a pleasure having you as our guest at Extended Stay America. We’re glad to know you were pleased with the service you received from our staff and that our location was ideal for you. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

The manager began attacking with his words and behavior almost as soon as I walked in the door.As soon as I got their I lost service I had called twice to ask if he could hold my bags and about the security deposit.I said I was going to book online and then I had no service so I asked I could use the WiFi he said no.Then he said maybe I should run after my Lyft driver before he leaves because I said how am I going to book without internet or leave since Lyft is connected to internet.He said that's not my issueThen I asked about how you had to either pay credit room credit deposit or cash room cash deposit and he said it policy. I told him since he said he'd hold my bags if I could go somewhere to reserve it where I had service he said no.Then I asked if he was manager and if he had a list of policies.He was just horrible he started asking me to leave and I thought he wasn't even going to call me a taxi.After I refused the early check in twice because I was going to pay on cash.He kept adding the early check in and I said I already told you I would not like that.Then he told me the other hotels to go to as soon as he saw me.Then he told me the cab 8 and I asked if I could wait inside and he said cab 8 wait by the door and immiediately left the room.He was going to accept the money for the reservation it was exchanging hands even after he was rude since I asked for WiFi then I said no early check in and he said all this back and forth you need to leave and his tone and body language were awful. I had three suitcases and it was raining out.In my haste to leave I forgot one.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna H
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Anna, thank you for letting us know about the rudeness of one of our staff members. We are extremely concerned with this behavior, and we sincerely apologize for this. This is not acceptable, and we will redouble our efforts to ensure this does not happen again. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us at our front desk. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove we are committed to providing with the hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had an unsatisfying stay, due to the fact when I checked in, the room was not clean. There was open & used soap left in the shower, a subway sandwich wrapper & a water bottle under the bed, & lastly, there were cigarette & food stains on the comforter. I had to request for a new comforter & clean the mess. This tends to happen often at this hotel & I am unhappy about it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Tiana, thank you for returning to stay with us once again. That being said, we apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously, and steps are already underway to ensure this does not happen again. We can absolutely do better, and we hope you give us the opportunity in the future to prove that to you.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

As I've read elsewhere with ESAs, it can be a little tricky to review them. That definitely applies to my experience with this one.
I needed an affordable place to stay for the evening, no frills (it was just me) where I felt safe. That's exactly what I got. The price was right, the parking lot was well lit, and the bed was pretty comfortable.

Here's the thing to note- the front desk staff and the hotel manager really went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and felt good about my experience at this location. I had one complaint that was really something out of their control, and they were so accommodating in fixing the problem. Because of that, I would definitely consider this ESA again if I am passing through the area for an evening.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Deirdre, thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. It's our mission to provide superior customer service, and we're pleased that your experience was a positive one! It is also great to read that you were impressed with the great value we offer for the price. We would be delighted to accommodate you again in the near future.