All reviews cinnamon rolls indoor pool wasted space turkey sausage room was clean a recent business trip traveling home noisy fan first floor the breakfast area an upgrade worked fine one night stay front desk person definitely stay here again scrambled eggs yogurt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly staff. Breakfast room is out of cinnamon rolls for a few days (!) but offered me the last Cinnabon they were keeping in reserve. Tub is creaky plastic and missing a soap dish. Several nearby late-night food options. Two Queen room is very spacious. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well, I’ll start with the positive. The air conditioning was good.

I called a few hours before my check in to ask if I could check in early. I was told no problem. When I arrived, I was told my room was not ready. I wasn’t greeted in any hospitality type of way either. He knew nothing of me calling. So we went out for lunch. Got back in an hour. Room still not ready. They couldn’t give me an answer of when it would be ready. So I and waited and waited. Another hour later I was checked in. Went into the room, right near the lobby mind you, and was greeted my the smell of mildew mold scent. Put my stuff down and looked around. Found a long hair on one bed. Checked the other bed and found a shorter curlier hair. Nice. Went into the bathroom. Noticed the shower nozzle was not tightened and hanging on by a thread.

I went to the front desk to let them know. They kind of shrugged it off.

Son took a shower that night and told me the water temp was only scalding hot. When you tried to cool it down it turned off. I went back to the front desk, only a few steps away from my wonderfully positioned room, and told them. They said they’d check tomorrow. Also asked for more towels to be told that they were out of towels.

They literally handed my hand towels instead of larger towels. I laughed. The next night I asked for towels again and they said they were still dirty so more hand towels. I asked for a comp and was offered 40$. Good one.

I’ve never stayed at a hotel with no towels. There are always inhospitable staff but the towels were a joke.

So room smelled, hairs on bed, no towels, unfriendly staff, horrible shower but good AC. Try you luck here or look elsewhere. Consider yourself warned.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here on a business trip. Got in late, but they still honored my request for room location. The front-desk person was super friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable, and the location was easy to find.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling alone to Yale Parents Weekend, so I thought I would get a bargain room since I would be at Yale most of the time. Because I knew I would be tired when I flew in from GA after work, I called a few days early and requested a room on a high floor away from the elevator. As the lady was telling me she was blocking me off a room, I could tell she WAS NOT. (I am a teacher and have a pretty good sense of when I am being lied to.) When I got there at 2:00 AM, there was one room left, and it was not on a high floor, nor did it have a WORKING TOILET. There were no rooms at hotels nearby, so I was stuck having to go to the lobby restroom, which was a one seater that DID NOT HAVE A LOCKING DOOR. (Also, the toilet in my room ran all night like a waterfall--there is NO WAY that the maid missed this, so it should have been fixed before the room was assigned.)

I went to spend Saturday with my daughter, and when I returned, I asked for an 8:00 AM wake-up call. Guess when the good people at Holiday Inn Express decided to wake me up??? 5:36 AM--that's right, boys and girls!!!--I'd gotten in at 2 AM the night before only to get a 5:36 AM wake-up call the next day. So, I had to be Happy Mom Come To Visit on no sleep. I told the people at the front desk that I would be canceling the last night of my reservation, which they were kind about, waiving the fees, and I went to the Hyatt Place in Milford, where it is $30 more a night--but, for those $30 extra, I was able to sleep nine hours and use a toilet that flushed.

(Hotel was clean, elevator worked, breakfast was satisfactory, staff was kind. Cannot see sign well from the road. The pool was broken. Plumbing and wake-up call problems.)

Room Tip: Go to Hyatt Place in Milford.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for a quick visit for one night for work. The room I had was large and lots of space in it. A good selection of TV channels and the Internet was pretty fast. This was a family room, so it had no work desk, but did have a large round table and two chairs, so plenty of space to work. Bathroom was older but like the room was clean. Bed was comfortable. The fitness room was extremely small and some of the machines were out of service. Breakfast, like most Holiday Inns, was of good standard and a good selection to choose from while there was a refrigerator and microwave in room, for extended stays. Lots of free parking and the hotel was pretty quite, with mostly workmen and people on work trips staying there. The staff was very friendly and helpful also. Will stay again when i’m back for work in the area.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business