“Prix Fixe...Spartan”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My visit was made on a Tuesday early evening, an hour or so into the dinner service, when there were very few guests. I cannot fault the staff professionalism. The hostess noticed my cane and mobility impairment and was flawless in her offer to seat me at the nearest table. The waiter was efficient; the servers absolutely perfect with delivery of items and with clearing/brushing the table between courses.

My disappointment was with the "experience." I ordered from the Prix Fixe $49 menu. Compared to other meals I have enjoyed at this restaurant I felt my choice of the less expensive option relegated me to second class status.

I declined an alcoholic beverage because I was on a medication that prohibits it. Maybe that lessened my status, too?

I ordered iced tea. It was served opaque and cloudy, a lack of attention to detail that set the tine for my meal.

Firstly, I was not given bread. David Burke's offers a signature "popover" for bread. I guess it was not provided in the Prix Fixe. I missed it, especially when my Wedge Salad was served --a dish that would have been made easier to enjoy with a bit of bread to nudge some of the smaller bits onto my fork.

My main dish was prime rib. It was served perfectly as ordered and in a sea of au juice. No pepper or salt was offered. I now realize the horseradish sauce I was looking forward to costs extra. But, no one asked if I wanted it at the time.

My baked potato was top notch, although they skimp on butter and sour cream. Huge potato, 3 marble sized balls of butter, 3 TBSP or so of sour cream.

I had my tastebuds set on the lemon mousse cake for dessert, but I was advised Prix Fixe allowed only Creme Brûlée, chocolate cake or an ice cream sundae. I chose the Creme Brûlée and it was excellent.

Perhaps staff are instructed to not suggest add-ons to guests who choose the Prix Fixe menu?

I know I COULD have asked why I had no bread, or if I could get pepper or horseradish. The thing is, though the restaurant was not filled with guests the staff seemed occupied with set-ups and other duties. It was not easy to summon a staff member. My waiter DID check in on me at salad and entree courses, but not when I was thinking "why don't I have a pop-over" or "where's the pepper?" And then I just decided to put up.

I have enjoyed dining at David Burke several times. I will likely do so again. However, the Prix Fixe menu is not on my list for future visits. I really felt I was the beggar at the door by choosing the bargain option -- and who needs that!

Management response:Responded 5 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback with us from your recent visit. We value your feedback to continually improve our restaurant and offer value in each visit. Look forward to your next visit and hope to provide the best service possible.

Best,

Operations Manager
Spencer@craveablehg.com

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious dinner. Sunday through Thursday Prix Fixe Dinner is an incredible deal. Starter, entree and dessert for $49 can't be beat. Drink prices are astronomical.

2  Thank Tray219
Management response:Responded 2 September 2017

Thanks,
Appreciate the time you took to leave us such a favorable review. Glad you found such great value in our Prix Fixe menu. We strive to provide value and high quality in all we do and appreciate your feedback. Look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Operational Manager
spencer@craveablehg.com

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A trip to the casino is never complete without eating at David Burke Prime ! I had to share this experience with my best friend. Cocktails to start then on to the most delicious Tableside Ceasar Salad EVER !! Just the presentation alone is worth going there, so crisp, the flavors of the lemon, fresh cheese, house made croutons, I just can not eat this salad anywhere else. Even if this is the only thing you order, with the yummy warm popovers, it is a meal in it's self. ENJOY !!

1  Thank queenofspades58
Management response:Responded 26 August 2017

Thanks for your warm review! So pleased to hear your enjoyed our Table side Ceasar Salad. We love table side presentations, and glad you appreciate it as much as you did. Look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks.

Spencer@craveablehg.com

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Prime rib was great rare. Potato cooked perfect. Asparagus with balsamic was yummy. Oysters were great. 75 day aged ribeye was eh.For the price tag expected more. Steak was over done. Wifes drinks were $$$.

1  Thank Brykenn11
Management response:Responded 19 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your Prime Rib and Oysters, but disappointed that you found our food some of your meal less than what you expected. I want to assure you that we take your comments seriously especially when considering the value of what we offer.

If you decide to join us again, please reach out to me at spencer@craveablehg.com. Would love to make sure your experience can meet your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is my third review of DBP in three separate years .....
Once again, my experience was close to flawless. Please forgive the repetition, but while certainly not budget dining, DBP checks all the boxes for a special dining experience. During this visit our service team of Brian and Josh worked our table and spaced our meal with friendly and informed efficiency. In my experiences, the DBP waitstaff has ALWAYS been outstanding and a big part of my repetitive five star reviews.
I cannot recommend the dry aged beef enough. This visit included a full complement of cocktails, apps, salad, entrees and dessert all of which were better than good.
If you are in the mood, and able, to treat yourself well, DBP is a great place to start.

1  Thank FrankJ50
Management response:Responded 17 August 2017

Frank,

Thanks again for leaving us a note and another 5 Star Review! So happy to hear we have stayed consistent in your dining experience with us over the years. It means a lot to us that your willing to leave us a note so many times over your many positive experiences with us!

Thanks,