“Best breakfast ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Arriving at 8:30am on a Saturday, there was no wait for a table but by the end of our meal the place was packed and the line to be seated went out the door. I had one of the specials, Lobster Benedict and it was AMAZING! The portion was so large that I took half home. My friend had scrambled eggs, corned beef hash and a chocolate chip pancake with a diameter of about 12", both of which were the best he'd ever had and half went home in a doggy bag. Also a plus, a carafe of coffee was on the table so I didn't have to repeatedly flag down a waitress for refills.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Great place to meet family and friends for a casual but excellent breakfast. Food is fantastic but you may need to wait for a table for an extende4d period of time. The wait is well worth it. No regrets.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at a lovely nearby waterfront hotel but when breakfast rolled around we deferred to TA reviews and walked by the hotel restaurant and down the street 400 yards to Christy's. Had it not been for the canopy, sign, and extended parking lot (!) we would/could easily have walked on by for it appears as though the restaurant has simply reclaimed a house in a residential neighborhood. And therein lays part of the charm!

Little rooms here and there welcoming an overflow Sunday morning crowd of what...200? Wall to wall folks, but without problem. Ample (and good natured) staff mirrored a picture perfect day.

A choice of some 44 different pancake choices head the menu...I ordered the 45th! "Can you mix three berries in mine?" "Of course, if you want!"

And so it was that the only negative I heard or saw was when I was encouraged to get only one pancake...that came as a presenter headed to a nearby table with a pancake the size of a briefcase, and a plate of eggs sufficient to satisfy the needs of a platoon of hungry Marines!

A great choice...food, ambience, service! Just don't order two?

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

It was mid afternoon on our watches; meal time on our stomachs. Not a great time to be looking for something other than junk, so we were delighted to be directed to a funky little restaurant here in Madison.

Despite the hour (4:00ish) the place was busy and energized. We didn't see the "real" menu, but the pub fare was varied and attractive as was the drink listings (all at half fare!)

We ordered two different hamburgers which I would have photographed but was without my wide angle lens. We still, hours later, don't know what they did to the French fries, but they were superb as well.

Service was good; responsive and good humored, and while a bit pricy--the whole of it was worthy.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Very good food. Huge portions. Very charmiling cleanly building. Smelled a little like fish but I assume that is typical of the area. Excellent service.