“Go there regularly - always excellent”

Elizabeth's Cafe at Perfect Parties
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: USD 15 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2016

My partner and I go there quite often and have sampled about everything on the menu. Last couple visits I have gotten the pork chop and it is thick and juicy with an awesome flavor. My partner thinks the burgers are the best around. The swordfish, salmon and scallop dishes are also superb. When I'm in the mood for pasta I choose the scampi style shrimp preferably with angel hair pasta or the double appetizer angel hair with mushrooms. I don't drink alcoholic beverages, but my partner says that the wines are very nice.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Was so happy to know that the restaurant was open on a Monday. The food was delicious (chicken salad wrap was delicious). The turkey sandwich with cranberry was also ordered and was enjoyed. Service was spot on. Fast forward one week...service was terrible! I had to get up and find someone to take the lunch order. Not to mention that water was not served until I asked about the order. Lastly, it took too long to get the check.

One week was amazing. Loved the experience so much that we decided to go back. One week later....not so much. There are other restaurants in Madison and I will definitely find one that appreciates my experience on a continual basis.

1  Thank KWF06615
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

My family of five had Mother's Day brunch at Elizabeth's Cafe recently and the overall experience was excellent as was the food. The ambience is cozy and it was crowded but the noise level was not that bad. I noticed some reviews complained about the prices and my suggestion is to look at the menu before getting seated and make a judgement call then. Our total bill was a little over $100 which I find to be reasonable for 5 people, especially given the quality of the food. Kids ordered waffles with fruit as well as banana and chocolate chip pancakes, my wife had a lobster omelette and mimosa, and I ordered what was recommended - the breakfast burrito. Everything was delicious and there was not a crumb to be had! When the plates are empty that is the greatest compliment to a chef. The other compliment is when the restaurant is packed with a line waiting to be seated which was the case on this special day.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Just off the beaten path, but when we remember to come here, we have never been disappointed. Great menu. Great Service. And the cozy dining room makes for a great setting.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

What a delightful restaurant!. The service is professional, accommodating and helpful. The food is consistently outstanding--seafood is fresh and delicious, pasta is superb, appetizers are terrific and desserts are excellent, especially the key lime tart. Peggy is adept at selecting excellent wines. This is a terrific restaurant to be savored and enjoyed.