“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Two words that describe my experience at Super 8 Hartford: Bed bugs. I still have my arms and hands red after 1 week. I'll never stay at any Super 8, what a bad customer experience.

To elaborate a bit more: the receptionist is inside of a bulletproof glass...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Andres N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was leery of staying here after the reviews but it was just fine for an overnighter. I was seeing a show at Webster Theater. A tricky ride to get there but not far mile-wise (use a GPS!). Hotel was a lot cheaper than the downtown hotels so it was better for me. Beds were ok. Bathroom wasn't 100% clean but not too bad. It had a tall shower and good water pressure. Beds were ok, pretty average room, can't complain. I didn't feel un-safe or anything. Not a lot of restaurants nearby (24hr McDonalds right by hotel) but if you can find it I recommend the Arch Street Tavern Grille and Bar. Great beer selection and great food nice atmosphere. Otherwise you're eating at McDonalds. Pretty tricky getting around the city so I recommend bringing your GPS.

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Olney, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

wish we had read the reviews before booking this place. we'd had a nice stay at another Super 8 the week before, and figured that the chain must be nice based on that experience. I'm not sure about bed bugs, but our room was very dirty, had dead moths on the floors. we had to change rooms because brown dirt came out of the clogged sink. the second room wasn't much better, still no stopper on sink, dirty bathroom, people wandering around in the parking lot. we did hear one car alarm go off for a few minutes and were just hoping ours was still there when we got up. Broken glass in parking lot. Seems like the hotel is vacant except we did see some cats in one of the hotel windows (sign at front desk says no pets?) Breakfast offerings are not as published on website. Definitely find another hotel or stay at another Super 8...the sturbridge one is nice and only about 1/2 hour away.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Hartford hotels

Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We stayed here for a concert. Good size room, staff was helpful, continental breakfast no better or worse than any other hotel at this price. Refrigerator in room. Very close to Comcast Theatre, felt safe walking back to the hotel because everyone else was walking back too. Probably saved us hours of waiting to get out of the Comcast Theatre parking lot. Lots of police around the area directing traffic. No mints on the pillows, but really...!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I have been in crummy hotels before but this on takes the cake! The only good thing about the hotel it is walking distance to The Meadows and that is why we chose it. That is why I selected location as the best. This hotel is next to the highway, on a service road. I did notice a public park entrance about 500ft away upon leaving. I didn't ask them for any "service" so I cant say.

Our room had strange stains on the walls; something that resembled peanut butter was splattered on the ceiling and the wall next to the desk was beyond a weeks forth of filth. I get the impression they don't paint the walls annually, which I would think would be required. The bed was hard as a rock. The blanket and cloth headboard (perfect spot for lice/bedbugs) had cigarette burns in it. I had to wash everything I brought when I got home. God only knows.

The toilet bowl was oblong in shape, the seat was round. This meant every time you sat down your body would touch the bowl. This isn't sanitary, actually I don't think the bathroom was cleaned prior to our arrival. There was lots of hair on the floor and not just one strand. If I had to guess, someone lives in room #227 and vacates when the rooms sell out.

So the place was dirty, smelled, tiny in size, the furniture old/shot and additionally the owners charged each additional car $30 a night for parking. Oh, and there is a rumor online that there is bed bugs going around this hotel after the concert I went to 6/17-18 2010.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank yenzi203
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
2.5 km away
2.5 km away
Hartford Marriott Downtown
2.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Super 8 Hartford? Share your experiences!