“Nice Dinner at nixs”

Nixs Hartford
Price range: USD 15 - USD 26
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nixs Hartford, located across from the Connecticut Convention Center, is Hartford, CT's premier dining destination serving American small plates and contemporary cuisine. Join us for lunch, dinner, or fun nightlife today. Hartford Front Street District's premier restaurant and lounge, we are the place to be! Try our American-style tapas, sharable cocktails all handcrafted just for you, and raw bar. Paying tribute to the Boston Harbor island of the same name, our restaurant and bar serve seasonally-inspired fare, capturing the true spirit of New England. Our upscale lounge atmosphere is fun and inviting and our friendly staff is here to help you find something that you'll love to eat, drink, or dance to! We are open for lunch, happy hour, and dinner. On the weekends join us for the best nightlife in the city with DJs, and Connecticut's best craft cocktails. We also have an extensive microbrew, beer, and wine list. Consider us for your next meal or night out - we'll love to have you!
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I dined here tonight, having been lured by the lobster roll and it close proximity to my hotel. It was not too busy but I liked the setting. The waitress was helpful. The highlight of the meal was a dozen oysters that were plump and tasty. They also had some good beers on tap. The lobster roll was actually two smaller rolls with one hot and one cold. The hot half did not really have a lot of butter. The lobster salad on the other half was good. It did not seem like the lobster had come from a just boiled one. Both halves left me thinking of Clara Peller's "where's the beef" line as it was a large soft bun with little lobster present. The homemade chips that accompanied the roll were good. It is a good place to eat.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

There is a handicapped parking spot in front of the restaurant, but if it is full, there is no valet or alternative but to park elsewhere and walk a short distance. This is what happened to me and during this time I was accosted by a junkie wanting money. This is clearly not the restaurant's fault but something should be done about alternative parking options for everyone. When I asked for directions to the ladies' room, I was told it was up a flight of stairs. They do not have an elevator, but a 'lift'. This is not the English version of the word 'elevator' but an industrial contraption that does not work well (per the attendant). I was seated and was told that the rest of my party would be escorted to my table, but instead they were seated at another part of the restaurant. Thankfully, the space is open enough that I was able to flag down the rest of my party to join me. The portobello sandwich that I ordered was good. This seems like a good spot for a younger (non intoxicated) crowd. Having to go up and down stairs for the facilities is very inconvenient and potentially dangerous.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

My husband had been here for several work-related events and suggested we stop in for an early dinner after a day at the CT Science Center. My kids love nice restaurants and are well-behaved, but I was skeptical that it would be a good choice. Surprisingly, it was; they had a kids menu, and my seven year old happily ordered the sliders. My fourteen year old enjoyed sharing the small plates with us; our order included the fish tacos, hummus platter, lobster tator tots, truffle fries, and one of the salads. The fish tacos were great. The lobster tator tots were good, but maybe not quite what I'd expected. Overall, the food was good, and we had a great time. The waitstaff was friendly. The wine selection was interesting. I'm looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The atmosphere and the service are very good, but most of their dishes are NOT cooked properly, and have bad condiments.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

We hosted a special dinner at this location for a small group during a conference. I was a but turned off the previous day because the place was not prepared for our lunch crowd (conference) but they more than made it up for up by being very attentive to our group, great food and just a great atmosphere.