“Lobster Pot Pie!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here on a recent trip to visit my dad. Chowder was really good. My niece had the scallops casserole, which she enjoyed. I had the scallops in garlic and butter. So delicious. The main event was my father's meal. He had lobster pot pie. I had never even heard of that! Of course I tried it. It was unbelievably good. Total surprise. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

this place sucks. im a huge fan of the Branford location for happy hour the fast and reasonable raw bar and the speed likability and attention of the Bartenders.
This place has a confusing entry, a post apocolyptic looking location.
then it gets bad. took 10 minutes to be aknowledged- at the bar. then after we got our drinks (my warm draft came from a tap in great need of cleaning) our dour bartender past us about a dozen times looking at our empty drinks and closed menues. We ordered soup, my New England chowder would have been better used to hang wallpaper or as a starch for paper mache. and it was tepid and not as tasty as wallpaper adhesive. my companions french onion soup was pedestrian at best. we waited 25 minutes at 330 on a saturday afternoon with the bar at 75% and dining areas at 50%, maybe. then my mushy (although more viscious then my chowder) stuffed clams came. i wish there was still smoking in CT resturants just so i could hve put out lit cigarettes in both of them
so, quick reasons not to go. location. my bartender and her uninspired comrades. the sub par drinks. the food. other then that, it would have just been a dark depressing local version of the regal beagle from "3's company" in the sense that it has a creepy swingers vibe and the guys looked like a 5 year old Larry the quagmire of that show.
so, yeah when you say chowder pot hartford, i think lillypop

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to this place off and on for the last 20 years. Food is still outstanding and I had good service. The only bad thing is I don’t live near it!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A very special day with family to the Chowder Pot of Hartford. This is a favorite place for many every day for folks who might look and enjoy restaurant serving specials with fish as specialty. A very busy restaurant filled usually with happy faces because the wait staff, the employees thru out seem always to be happy and efficient. The plate meals are a bit pricey but good portions and always on that day cooked as ordered.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I usually spend way too much time on-line searching for a restaurant to try. We live in the southeastern part of CT and most of the "cool" spots are located in cities which I avoid at all costs for a variety of reasons.

For our 45th anniversary, we chose the Chowder Pot IV in Hartford which turned out to be great! Don't let the large full parking lot deter you. It's popular for good reason. We took advantage of their call-ahead service and were seated within ten minutes.

The service was friendly and efficient, the menu full of options and the meals we had were excellent! As the name might suggest, they're known for fish and seafood but also have a good selection of beef, most of which can be combined with the seafood.

As an added plus, Chowder Pot IV is located dowtown Hartford, just off Interstate 91.