“A Favorite”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We most recently went there for Taste of Hartford dinner. Delicious, generous servings. Friendly staff. Good selection of margaritas. Very busy with only two waitstaff, who were pretty good considering the number of people. We had reservations but there was not table ready so we had to wait. The main issue was we were served after others who were seated after us...two other tables got their drinks first, were given chips first, got their meals first...no idea really why. And, it took quite a while for dessert to appear after we'd finished the main courses. Otherwise, we enjoyed the meal and will return!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I just found this place to be average. Place was OK. tastefully decorated. Friendly waitress and I liked the fact that the chef came out and delivered our meals. Presentation was very nice - the food was a little bland though - I got the beef Chimichanga - maybe it was more authentic than American / Mexican food and how it was supposed to be. I don't know. They have a nice outdoor seating area when the wether warms uop and prices were reasonable..

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

If you like the Americanized version Mexican food, then this is your place. If you're looking for a real Mexican food then you should not go here. They do a good job with the drinks but the plates are not 100% Mexican. In my opinion, this is not a place for a good weekend dinner, it is more like an improved fast food version of mexican. Don't get me wrong, is not bad food, but is not something you would get on a real mexican place like many others in Hartford.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

If you are mexican like myself I am always looking for a good mexican spot that will have authentic flavors and plates. I tried the sopa de tortilla and the tacos de pescado. The tacos were OK, they were cold to start with but the tacos was something I could make at home in 5 minutes. I had my hopes up so this girl went home disappointed. The sopa de tortillas was OK too. I feel like this place has the idea but doesn't have it all yet. The service was not the best either. We waited to place put order about 20 minutes, our food came out at a good time but no one checked on us for a while. In conclusion this place was OK...I wouldn't go back though.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

We went here for a happy hour this past week. The frozen margaritas were awesome. We just had a few apps...two different types of nachos and empanadas. Decent apps for the price and the service was really great. We would definitely go back. Small, authentic Mexican restaurant that shouldn't be missed.