“Always wonderful!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 481 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Capital Grille is by far one of the best steak houses in Greater Hartford. Service is always spot on and food delicious! It's pricey, but between the food and the service, you get what you pay for. A must go!

Reviewed 3 November 2018

I have wanted to eat here for a while and recently I finally got the chance. I am happy to report it was well worth the wait. Décor was elegant and upscale. Our server was knowledgeable on the menu and professional without being intrusive. He would check on us often to see how everything was and if we needed anything else. Although this renowned for its steak the majority of our party ordered seafood. All our meals were seasoned and cooked perfectly. My generous piece of salmon was coated with a delicious citrus glaze. Sides are a la carte here and serve 2-3 people. We ordered an assortment of potatoes, Brussel sprouts, mushrooms and creamed spinach. For a party of six we honestly had too many sides. Yes, we saved room for dessert. We shared the cheesecake with fresh berries. Our server was right! This cheesecake was creamy and velvety smooth. Be prepared to pay top dollar for this dining experience. However worth every penny.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Having only driven through Hartford...repeatedly...what an opportunity when we decided to visit Wadsworth Atheneum. And of course my husband found a parking place on the street beside it (he has a travel good luck charm). But the parking machine was, well, wonky. So as we are standing there, me doing nothing, I accosted a woman walking by who looked like she worked around there.
"Do you know any place to eat around here?"
Her face opened up and she detailed many. A block thataway.
So we stumbled across the white table cloth Capital Grille.
And yum. I had a lobster roll (cold, never hot) and my husband had a special with soup and then main risotto. Again yum.
It's a lovely place with delicious food.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We had a special birthday to celebrate which was made even more special by the Capital Grille. Our server, Michelle Suttenberg, couldn't have been nicer or more professional always knowing when to come by our table without being intrusive or hovering. She was great. Martinis, food and wine were spectacular and we enjoyed everything immensely even the decadent chocolate dessert which was served with champagne. This is a wonderful special occasion restaurant. It is not inexpensive but worth every penny. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I have been there for lunch and dinner and the quality of the food was consistently good. Wonderful atmosphere as well. The service was exceptional.