“Wonderful Birthday Celebration ”

Carbone's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbone's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 482 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: USD 21 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Seven of my family had dinner here to celebrate the birthdays of two of my daughters. We could not have chosen a better venue than Carbone’s Ristorante. The very considerate and accommodating staff seated our party in a very nice private room which was spacious and quiet. BUT.....I have always preferred (and had requested) a table in the main dining area. After bringing this to the attention of the hostess, she (in the MOST pleasant and friendly manner one can reasonably expect) said she would CERTAINLY find a nice table for us, and within 10 minutes.....DONE!! Okay, we’re off to a great start. Service was prompt enough so that we did not feel neglected, yet relaxed enough to let us know we weren’t being rushed. The food......EXCELLENT!!! This is a special place, with atmosphere and a menu that most of us would reserve for special occasions. As such, it’s not inexpensive, but neither are the prices exorbitant or unreasonable. Consider value! This place is well worth a couple of dollars more than you might normally spend. There was one negative incident. I always tip in cash, and on that night I gave our primary server a very nice gratuity. Later, a second server picked up the paid bill and observed that there was no tip added. I’ve never been “called out” in a critical voice for failing to leave a tip, and didn’t appreciate that. Before doing so, he should have discussed this with our primary server. So, all in all, a VERY nice evening at a top shelf business.....and we shall return!!!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I will admit openly that my wife and I had not been to Carbone's in a very long time (decades?). We got nostalgic and decided to go for our anniversary. Excellent meal! Ravioli with in-house made sausage crumbled over the top, apple cheese cake, delicate crème brulee. Service was top notch despite it being Restaurant Week. Sometimes you forget how good Carbone's really is. It will not happen again. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was visiting friends in Farmington and they suggested we go to Carbone's for their Taste of Hartford promotion. I had heard many good things over the years about Carbone's and thought this might be a nice way to try it. The Taste of Hartford menu had several good selections on it and the value was certainly there. Unfortunately, the food did not live up to expectations. I wanted to order the Caprese Salad but the waiter said it was diced tomatoes which seemed odd to me so I opted for a regular mixed salad which was fine. I ordered the salmon which had a nice crispy exterior only to find very dry meat inside. The veggies that came with the dish were fine. For dessert I ordered berry shortcake which was sadly lacking in flavor and fresh berries. So while the price was right, the dinner was not. I looked at the regular menu and found the prices to be somewhat excessive. This was Hartford after all, not New York City or Boston where I am used to these kinds of prices. Their featured wines of the day were all $15 a glass and while I enjoyed my Jordan Chardonnay, this seemed pricey as well. It took us 2 hours to get through dinner, not that we were being leisurely but the service was just so poor. This is a restaurant that was once on my bucket list and now I can say I've been there, done that, don't need to do it again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Carbone's in Hartford is excellent you want good Italian food in the Caesar salad made out to table good service make reservations suggested always busy. July in August they have a Lobster Fest that's very good.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We chose here for our date night and were happy to also discover it was restaurant week. From the greeting at the door to the wait staff being friendly we were anticipating a great meal and weren’t disappointed. The portions were smaller than normal but to be expected for restaurant week. Regardless every mouthful was divine and we left completely satisfied. The ambience made for a wonderful date night and the food worth every penny.
We will definitely be back.