“Nice lunch. Good tacos and sides.”
Review of Chango Rosa

Chango Rosa
Ranked #112 of 481 Restaurants in Hartford
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We love Bear's other restaurants and we finally got around to trying this one. We weren't sure we could find it at first - coming through Union station was not the best way. Unlike the BBQ restaurants, this one is table service. The service was ok - our chips and salsa didn't come until the meal was ready. I think the server was new. She was very friendly. The food was good, but I have to say we weren't as impressed as we are with his BBQ places and his pizza place. The tacos were good, not great. The street corn was also good, but not the best we have had. The yucca fries were ok. Nothing special. Prices were ok. Quantity was sufficient - filled you up, no leftovers. I'm sure we will go back and try it again.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Ended up in Hartford on the day of St. Patricks Parade. Did not know this was happening and could not find a place to eat in downtown Hartford without a long wait. Found a hightop available here and grabbed it! We had a beer each and the menu was limited as it was their parade weekend. We had tacos, pork, al pastor and chicken. All were delicious and filling. Service was a bit slow because of drink specials but all in all it was a good place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018

This was a long anticipated visit as I like the other Bears family of restaurants. To be honest. It was ok. A little disappointing. The food was ok. Nothing really lept out as being fantastic. None of it was bad. But none of it was fantastic. Our server Alex was very pleasant, however mistakes were made. We had to ask for silverware after our food got there. We had one dish that we had ordered (and he recited to us correctly) that we never received. It was removed from the bill but an apology for the mistake was never made. Overall it was an ok meal, but I don't think we're going to come back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I was very excited to try this restaurant as I love Latin food. There were a handful of things that I just couldn't decide between, but I ended up getting the Cuban Quesadilla and the pork taco. Though the food itself was flavorful, it was expensive for what you're getting considering how casual it seemed. My friend went home and ate more because the servings were so small. $4 for a tiny taco, I would recommend getting a minimum of 3 tacos, plus a side. Though we didn't order any, the drinks looked very good and everyone around us seemed to have one with their dinner. The server wasn't that great, didn't explain the menu very well (and she took my pen! Haha)

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank tiffanys369
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We were looking forward to some interesting Latin-inspired dishes, a la Bear's Smokehouse. The location used to be Hot Tomato's, which we liked, but only went to once or twice. The restaurant is located at Union Station in downtown Hartford; validated parking is located on the north side of the station, on Spruce Street. The decor of the restaurant is urban industrial -- neither pleasant to the eye nor comfortable. As with the other Bear restaurants -- this is the third in the Hartford-area at which we have dined, you check the items you want off a menu and hand it to the waiter. While the menu sounds interesting, what appears at the table is not. My husband did like his nachos. I thought that the tacos looked sad and the use of smoked meats was somehow jarring, rather than innovative. The rice and beans were just so-so. We had also ordered an arepa, which we packed up to go, as it looked simply blah, rather than a delectable Colombian or Venezuelan creation. The acid test: would I go back? No, no, no.

Date of visit: November 2017