“Good”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Guilford
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Clean, comfortable and nice and competent staff. The only hotel near Guilford anyway.

Room Tip: ask a room on the seconf floor with view a rear view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 July 2011

This hotel was on our route, and conveniently located. And as it turns out, it was just what we needed. Decent room, reasonable amenities, clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank AdventuringFour
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight because we had to attend a wake. I knew nothing about the area. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly woman who checked us in. Upon arriving at our room, it was very clean and all linens and bedding were clean and fresh. Had an awesome nights sleep!!! Our room was on the first floor and the hotel was full, did not hear anything above us. Had an awesome continental breakfast the following morning which had more than enough to eat and drink. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Momtwoboyz
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Me and my kids loves this hotel. Nice and very clean. friendly staff and nice breakfast. very safe area . General manager is a very nice person . love to stay again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in order to do a cancer walk at Hammonassett State Park. The hotel was very convenient to the state park -- just down the road a few miles. Though nothing special, the room was clean and well kept. There was some sort of stain on the bed cover that I could have done without, but other than that it was fine. We went to a diner across the street that was pretty good as far as diners go. The staff was very helpful. We were staying overnight one night there and the next night in Saugus Massachusetts and I had mistakenly booked the hotel for the wrong night. I called them about 6:00 p.m. on the night of our stay when I realized what I had done and they changed the room over to the correct night, no questions asked. They had coffee and tea available all night long in the lobby which I appreciated since I frequently wake up in the middle of the night. They also served a nice little breakfast including fruit, cereal, muffins, juice and danish. They also had a little station where you could make your own waffle. The area where the food was, was well maintained and clean. My only real concern was that because I couldn't sleep (not because of the bed but because I always wake up in the middle of the night), I went outside around 4 a.m. When I went back in around 4:30, the gentleman at the desk was gone. When I went to our room on the second floor, he was placing bills under people's doors. This bothered me a bit in that no one was manning the front desk and the front doors to the hotel were unlocked so anyone could have come in. It would seem that security should have been taken a little more seriously as anyone watching or staying at the hotel would notice this pattern. Of course, it was off season for this hotel so they were probably trying to cut down on staff.

All in all, it was an enjoyable stay considering that the room rates were not that high.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaureenConnecticut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guilford
0.1 km away
25.7 km away
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!