“Sat nite - reservations suggested”
Review of @ The Barn

@ The Barn
Reserve with OpenTable
@ The Barn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Granby
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Pleased from start to finish! The service is lovely at The Barn. The entire staff is well-trained to serve you graciously. My husband ordered the hangar steak cooked to perfection. I had the lamb and it was a huge portion with lovely glazed carrots. I substituted the couscous for sautéed brussel sprouts — great decision for they were delicious. They also bring a lovely napkin pocket of bread with a dip - nice presentation for everything. We have enjoyed every meal here — high quality and lovely ambience. One suggestion is it’s a bit chilly on the coldest nights with the tile floors and high ceilings so dress for it. They have an electric fireplace in their alcove seating, but it can still be a bit chilly and that’s CT!
We look forward to more meals here.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Good service but feel that the quality of the food can get better. With Simsbury nearby with outstanding restaurants, The Barn can up it's game to achieve the same level of fine dining.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We went on a Tuesday night. the atmosphere is cold. We thought the blue screens were TV's The restaurant says nothing about the feel of a barn...very contemporary. Place mats used for service. Wonder if they are cleaned after each service. my husband ordered the pork chop...nicely cooked. but no evidence of the maple brown butter glaze I ordered the 4 cheese risotto....where was the cheese? the spinach was barely wilted and tasted raw. No hint of garlic, the rice was overcooked and mushy and a bit watery.no garnish, it was a bowl of rice and I would say Arborio rice was not used. looked like long grain. the waiter was gracious and kind. a women who works there asked us how was our dinner and I said as politely as I could, not so good. she offered to give us a free desert, we chose crème brule, which was good. there was no bread, no garnish, I have had risotto at Golden Irenes in East Windsor they make a wonderful risotto, and it comes with 6 scallops........the chef had adequate time to do a good job as there were not many people in the restaurant.....I hope the owners will consider this and work on it..

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Great menu and food is well served.
But, temperature in the dining area is very cold because of the heart vents being up so high.
They need to add more heat so I can take my coat off next time.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were a party of seven adults and made reservations earlier in the day. We waited a bit when we first arrived as some diners who had finished eating, lingered at their tables in conversation. The staff explained this us and offered to serve us drinks while we briefly waited. We were seated after a short way and everything was great from then on. No two people in our party ordered the same thing and everyone was pleased with their meals. They serve craft beers and fine wine and all our servers were knowledgeable and eager to please. We had appetizers, soups, meals, desserts and drinks. Everything was fantastic. The menu has a nice array of choices and it is all good stuff. We will go again and recommend highly!

Been to @ The Barn? Share your experiences!