All reviews jetted tub queen bed pleasant stay wayne hosts connecticut accommodations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I stayed in the smaller room and it was perfect for 1-2 people. Bathroom is just outside the bedroom. Hosts are very friendly and know the area well. Recommended a very good ice cream place in Grandby. You are given your own key to the house's front door so can come and go as you please. The B&B is located less than 20 minutes from the Bradford Airport, but you feel as if you are in the country. The only negative is the bedroom window that opens, faces a somewhat busy two-lane road. However, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Wayne-TGHBB, Owner at Truman Gillet House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

My bird watching friend, thank you for your review. Since our talk I've been trying to get a glimpse of the birds I hear in the yard. I've even tracked down where the sounds are coming from and haven't seen whom is making those melodies.

You caught us in the transaction period of going from the cool spring air into a much warmer week and then it dropped back to when you don't want the windows open and the heat had to be on. This transaction from spring to summer has had the most temperature swings I can remember since I've had opened up the B & B.

What I've learned from your stay is it's better to install the air conditioner earlier and have it there then wish it was there. With the air conditioner it can be run in fan mode or air and that would negate the road noise as the window would be closed and the sound of the fan would mask any noise that might get through.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Have a great day, because if you don't no one can have it for you.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We stay at this wonderful B&B at least once a year, to visit family who live nearby. The Connecticut Suite is spacious and comfortable, with a lovely queen bed and a big jacuzzi in an updated bathroom. Plus, the breakfasts are always wonderful. Wayne and Kim are very welcoming and the inn is just great. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Only two rooms. The Connecticut Suite is the one with its own bathroom!
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Wayne-TGHBB, Owner at Truman Gillet House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Kim and I try to make our home comfortable for all guests and we appreciate your kind words. There is a new coat of paint in the bathrooms and bedrooms from the floor to the ceiling and new mirrors and light fixtures added also we like to keep everything looking fresh and clean. Also included in is a new exhaust fan system that keeps the humidity down when in the steamy Jacuzzi tub. Ask me about the story behind getting this installed before the arrival of the Thanksgiving guests.

Hint: From Bob Vila of This Old House PBS TV series. To get rid of the paint smell fast, cut an onion in quarters (I cut mine a lot finer to expose more surface area) and place them in a dish at each corner of the room. I did this before I even started painting so I could get a head start on the absorption of the paint fumes. It worked like a charm. My guests arrived and they asked what we are cooking in the kitchen because of the slight aroma they were smelling. It had been about 6 hours since we finished painting with no paint smell.

One caution, be careful of the thief in the house. I found pieces of partially eaten onion around the house that were taken out of the bowls by our dog Allie. I guess she wanted to make sure the onion was more evenly distributed than I had done.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hosts, Wayne and Kim, were very pleasant and informative, giving us information and directions to sights and eateries in the area. They made sure to introduce us to the other guests and we enjoyed getting to know them. The room was comfortable and pretty, with a 4 poster bed. Breakfast was very good, freshly made by the hosts.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Wayne-TGHBB, Owner at Truman Gillet House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We try to make our guests stay as comfortable as if we were visiting this area. We've had many guests that have returned year after year and there is always new places to go to, shop or they can enjoy the scenic country side. There is no pre-made or store bought breakfasts served here. Everything is scratch made just before it's served.

We've found that there are so many guests that have something in common with the other guests it's uncanny. From where they lived as kids only a few streets away each other. Others have worked for the same company, visited the same areas on vacation or went to the same high school a few years apart. We even had two sisters that found there Mom's antique chair in the Connecticut Room that Kim had bought at a tag sale. They knew it was the same chair because it had their Mom's needlepoint on the seat.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Quiet location and quaint building in rural Connecticut countryside. Location is close to Springfield and Hartford and only a few miles from the Big E. Only 2 units in the B&B but they are comfortable and well appointed and priced reasonably. Breakfast selection is modest but filling and the coffee pot is on at 7:00 a.m.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Wayne-TGHBB, Owner at Truman Gillet House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

We know that some people can't get started in the morning so we ask if the guests would like to have their coffee earlier than at breakfast time. We do this to have the freshest coffee brewing as close to when it's going to be served, there is nothing like stale coffee in the morning that's been sitting around for hours. That can but a damper on the rest of the day. Kim and I don't make the fancy to be photographed breakfasts, but they are tasty and is good home cooking.

When would you like your coffee or tea hot water ready?

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We spent one night in mid March at the Truman Gillet House and it was an enjoyable experience. The inn has a lot of character. We had a very large room that was more than comfortable. The large bathroom had a whirlpool tub with ample hot water, a separate shower and double sinks. Wayne, the inn keeper, is a great guy. We had a delicious breakfast and great conversation. Ally, the adorable pooch, stole my heart and was the cherry on top of a great day.
It was a short one night stay but if I was back in this area I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Wayne-TGHBB, Owner at Truman Gillet House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

I thought it would be hard to live up to the great reviews we've been getting, but over time I realized it's a standard my wife Kim and I have fostered and have lived up to. Making the Truman Gillet House B & B a place we would want to stay. For us it's the guests that make it rewarding as they all have unique life stories that we get a glimpse of at our breakfast conversations. Ever so often there is some burnt toast or well done pancake that have to be remade as I didn't want to interrupt the conversation.

Allie our rescue dog stole our hearts the first day we had her. She's part of the family and we love sharing her with our guests as she's the best good will ambassador.