Open today: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

A Local Treasure

Reviewed 3 October 2018
lbordanaro
Granby, Connecticut

All reviews wine tasting cheese plate wedges large deck brought snacks the ct wine trail tables and chairs on display great place my parents bottle winery vines lawn acres shade fireplace
Reviewed 1 week ago

Finally got to visit this winery last weekend. I had only been in the driveway on a country ride but was not able to visit inside initially. This weekend we got to hang out there for a couple of hours and sample the great wines, hospitality, and sit by the fire with our snacks and wine. I would love to visit again. the customer service by Susie and the atmosphere is very enjoyable. For a laid-back enjoyable winery visit, I recommend this winery!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

A wonderful spot to enjoy some great Connecticut wine. The owners and staff are welcoming, the building and grounds are beautiful and the wine is delicious.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Love going here. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The wines are very good as well The outdoor deck and tables on the grass are a great way to enjoy the beautiful scenery

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is a great few-hour destination, with friendly staff and generous policies -- you can bring your own picnic and sit inside, covered outside or out on the lawn near the vineyards. On weekends, there are different entertainment groups. I went to hear a jazz combo, not quite realizing what a draw they are, and/but the ambience was great; I stood at the bar for a tasting (5 tastes for $7 including your glass), decent dry wines. When a table opened up, I ordered a cheese plate and a glass of hearty red and enjoyed the music with an appreciative (and even dancing!) crowd. I plan to organize an event there for a group of friends--it's good for couples, friends and groups.

1  Thank jbourgeo
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Great place! The bartender was incredibly knowledgeable. The wines were very good, dry like I enjoy them.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The grounds here are smaller but beautiful. The inside of the building is nice and cozy. The wines overall are almost all dry. They have a solid selection here, but nothing jumped out as amazing. The staff was nice and knowledgeable in regards to the wines. Overall ,a good choice if you enjoy dry wines.

2  Thank Curious_Chemist
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Came here on a beautiful fall day and we have a lovely time. It was super crowded, so it was a bit hard to actually get our bottles of wine, but once we did we were happy. There is plenty of outdoor seating, there are lawn games, and it is a great spot to just waste away a day. The indoor setting of this vineyard is really nice as well, and they have a shaded deck area. It is rare that you find a vineyard with this much diversity in seating - and that is one of my favorite parts of this.

Lost Acres has a yummy rose that I would recommend trying. Also - if yo uare into local art, there are always lovely pieces on display.

If you have yet to get your CT Wine Trail stamp for this location - I would say...go go go!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped at this winery on the way home from a hike at Enders State Forest- which I also highly recommend. I was not dressed for the occasion but it didn't really matter to anyone. We had the $7 wine tasting-5 wines- and then bought a bottle and an antipasto. Both were fabulous. The antipasto had meats and cheese and was filling enough for two. We sat out on the lawn in the shade of the vines and had a great time chatting up our fellow sippers. Ended up buying two more bottles to take home. I HIGHLY recommend this winery. The local artist on display was also fabulous and they had live music.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Return visit with friends. I like that they now check people in along with group size so that people are taken in a timely manner. I did not like being asked more than once to squish in a bit more so they could bring another group up. The girls were having a hard time keeping up with those already in progress of their tasting. Our group of four was already sideways and squished, not fun nor enjoyable. There really needed to be another person pouring tastings. We enjoy the wines and usually the atmosphere , today was a bit off. The artwork on the walls is beautiful and can be purchased if you just have to have it.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Sitting on the deck on a fantastic sunny day sipping Stone Wall Red we felt like we could be anywhere in the world, and we have sipped a lot of wine in other countries. Fabulous.

Fun people watching too.