“Holy Guacamole!!”
Review of Tequila Revolucion

Tequila Revolucion
Ranked #62 of 247 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Description: Longtime bar manager and bartender became friends with the executive chef over the 12 years working together. Decided it was time for us to do our own thing in Fairfield CT! Traditional Mexican cuisine with killer margaritas!
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t be more psyched this is a new addition to town foodie culture. Fairfield is officially the food hot spot of Fairfield County. Place is small so get there early but if you have to wait it’s worth it. The food is amazing. The marg’s are killer. Go early and go often!!

Recommendations - The Ribs. Yea. Ribs at a mex place. You won’t be sorry!

Fajitas. Surf and turf. Perfectly done.

Mole. Fagettabouttit

1  Thank Gma0917

Reviewed 4 January 2018

It's almost like walking into Mexico, right off the street in Fairfield. Authentic cuisine with imported Mole. The churros were a bit too tough for my taste, but overall a great place.

1  Thank monikad685
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Day 4 for Tequila Revolucion and they are off to a great start. When we arrived, this small eatery was packed and humming. During our wait for a seat we could see the smiles on other customers’ faces - an indication of the treat we were in for.

My husband and I went for the fish options from the varied menu, which included daily changing specials. I had beautifully cooked shrimp that were nicely seasoned, accompanied by a fresh lettuce and tomato salad (didn’t look as though it had been chopped days before) and fluffy rice. My husband had the fish tacos, lightly battered cod nestled in soft tortillas with sides of beans and rice. Many of the Mexican restaurants that I have been to recently had just about put me off the cuisine as they tend to serve heavy, stodgy pap. That does not seem to be the case here.

Another plus for me: they’ve done away with “fashionable” lighting that requires customers bring their own flashlights. The soft lighting here was just right; not too glaring and harsh but bright enough that we could read the tasty options on the menu and it shows that the chef has pride in his food and wants people to see what they are eating.

Fingers crossed that the high standards will continue.

2  Thank DH06902