All reviews place to stay night's sleep front desk cereal hampton
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My sister and her roommate needed place to stay for 2 nights. Both are mobility challenged. The front desk person could not have been more helpful. When I made the reservation, I didn't ask for a first floor room thinking that they had an elevator. She bent over backwards to get us the perfect accommodations for them. She took good care of them so that I knew they were comfortable and safe.

Room tip: Make sure you ask for first floor if you cannot do stairs. The rooms are comfortable and clean.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I stayed there one night, only 63 bucks including tax. My only concern was my car, but there were several nice cars parked there I came to find. Stay in the back, up front it appears there are some year round residents. The staff working there were fine, and the price is great!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2018

My non-smoking room was not! The room wreaked of tobacco. While the window could be opened to allow for fresh air, there was a hole in the screen - did not want bugs to get in so had to close it. Ugh! The soap was like wax. The sheets were clean thankfully. Will never stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018

They "lost" our reservation on two different occasions. First time, I booked on the phone with a credit card. When we arrived, the man said they had no reservation, and all he could get us into was a more expensive Jacuzzi room. I should have learned my lesson that time. We booked a month later (I have a monthly gig in that town), but this time I made sure I had a paper trail. Did the booking through Booking.com. On the way there, we called to confirm. Again, he said they had no reservation, but asked what time we'll be pulling in, and said they've got one room left. Upon arrival two hours later they said they had no reservation AGAIN. "We just called you to confirm!" He again said they have one room available, and it again cost more than the booking. This makes me think they are running a scam. On top of that, the room smelled musty and was frigid. The desk clerk took an attitude with our frustration as well. There was trash piled up outside the rooms. Disgusting mattresses they were throwing out. Junk covered in snow. Unshoveled stairways. On top of all that, we were talking about our stay with a couple locals at the venue where we perform, and they informed us that the Enfield Inn has a reputation for certain types of "short-term" guests. I will never stay there again. Terrible. I also got a follow-up from Booking.com stating that Enfield Inn reported back to them that we were no-shows on our reservation... Smells fishy.

Room tip: This place is terrible. Save the time and hassle and book elsewhere.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tyoshoes
Reviewed 3 October 2017

One night stay on way to parts farther north. The first room we were given was already occupied, so back to the office for "room selection part 2". That room was at least unoccupied except by us, but there were a few issues: smoke detector didn't have a cover and looked to be very old; sink drained very slowly and the hot and cold faucets were reversed; fridge didn't work; insect and critter traps in the bathroom; exposed wires in the non-working bathroom vent fan; and the tv was tiny. The ice machine was in a completely different building, so no convenience there. The "free" continental breakfast was nothing. Literally. The cereal dispenser was broken and nothing else was offered except VERY BAD coffee and juice. The juice from the dispenser was beyond bad; I sincerely believe it had gone rancid. Only one restaurant within walking distance for dinner, so we drove to one in "downtown" Enfield, and that was good. Otherwise, the Enfield Inn is easy to get to from I-91 and the bed was comfortable. Wifi worked ok. The staff were friendly enough, but we had little interaction with them. It was obvious that the owners were doing a lot of DIY and contractor-renovations and improvements, so maybe we just caught a bad room in the transition period, but based on our experience, we can't recommend this one.

Date of stay: August 2017