All reviews six flags front desk breakfast buffet room was clean tennis courts shuffle board off the highway convenient location robert gazebo microwave
Reviewed 25 July 2018

We meet weekly at this hotel, and over my year of attending, I have some thoughts:

We are moved around quite a bit to accomodate meetings that are not meeting there weekly, which makes us feel, kind of, not as welcome. Once we were seated where there was no heat--very cold.

Our 17 or so people arrive early, so sometimes, I have have had some challenges finding parking before overnight guests are leaving.

Desk people can be very helpful, and I have to say thanks for even getting a maintenance guy to walk me to my car when the lot was icy. But...shouldn't the lot not have been icy?

I suppose we will continue to meet here because the location is good. But, I wish the welcome were more, and that our room was more consistent. All in all it is acceptable, average, but not high marks.

Room tip: my room review part is not really applicable for this HI, but I rated based on other stays.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Spent 5 nights here during a standard schnauzer national specialty dog show. It is an older property that needs some renovations. The furniture looked fairly new but needs new wallpaper and painting. Comfortable bed. The bathroom had the same old granite counter top sink but the tub may be new because there was new faux tile around the tub, new faucet and faux wood tile floor. There was a safe, microwave and refrigerator. The air conditioner eventually cooled off the room but there was no AC in the halls or elevator and we had 100+ degree days during our stay. It really stressed me and my 2 dogs, one of which had a severe breathing problem. This is why I gave it 2 stars and not 3. Staff was extremely friendly. Food in the restaurant was better than I would have thought--I had a chicken Caesar salad and the hummus appetizer. Drinks good.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Quick ride from Six Flags. Hotel is quiet and clean. Rooms were comfortable and bathroom was nice. We ate at the restaurant in house and food was really good. We enjoyed the manager's special of a free glass of wine.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The Grounds are really pretty around the hotel. When this was first built over 30 years ago it was like a mini resort. There’s basketball courts, pretty gazebo, shuffle board, two pools, and Tennis courts. I’m not sure if the tennis courts are being used anymore. It’s a nice place to stay. People are very nice and it’s my home away from home when I visit my mom!

Trip type: Travelled with family
RobertR6853, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Marjie,

We appreciate having you stay at our hotel and for the comments you have left behind. Having our hotel located on acres of well landscaped New England grounds, is a pleasure for our guests and our staff. We enjoy welcoming you back and I hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Robert Rioual
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Springfield-South Enfield

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Hotel was clean and comfy staff was great, breakfast was just ok. Overall a good place to stop for a quick stay it is especially perfect for people visiting six flags since it is about 15 minutes away

1  Thank cristina s