“Worst Breakfast Buffet I have ever had!”

Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Santa Cruz, California
“Worst Breakfast Buffet I have ever had!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived late at night from the west coast and didn't leave the hotel until 11am the next morning. We came back later that afternoon to find that our room had not been cleaned. I complained, but apparently there was nobody in housecleaning to do anything about it. I asked that the waste baskets be emptied and that we would get fresh towels. When we came back later that night, we had two fresh bath towels, but no hand towels or washcloths, and the wastebaskets had not been emptied.

The next morning, I decided to have the breakfast buffet. It was the worst breakfast buffet I have ever had: the food was cold and overcooked.

However, the desk staff were very nice!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear CruznTymn,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
East Northport, New York
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The first time I stayed here, a few months ago, I got in late and was woken up by 65 tourists leaving the hotel at the crack of dawn. The hotel manager gave me a comp for the night. This time they accepted the Roomsaver.com coupon for $ 79 and the desk manager gave me a coupon for a free breakfast buffet. The bathroom had dirty floor tile grout lines and there was black mold in the grout around the tub. And, the handicap handle needed to be fixed. The carpet is in need of a cleaning.

The breakfast sucked! Everything was overcooked except the bacon! And, I like my bacon crisp! And, the Jacuzzi was broken! My favorite after a long drive. I'm done with this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear KenNY717,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great place to stay. I liked it from the walk through the front door. Sara has a great sense of humor. Very pretty too!!!!

Room Tip: Get the corner rooms. Big and spacious
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TommyT433
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I travel weekly to the Enfield, CT Holiday Inn which is located just south of Springfield, MA. I work at a car auction in Winsor, Connecticut. This hotel has all the accomadations, Gym, Pool, Restaurant, clean rooms. I am lucky I found this hotel, because I often forget to make my reservations for the following week! Thanks to Sarah who always remembers my schedule and makes my reservations for me, even if she is on vacation? Now thats service

Dan Sullivan

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan S
Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Many thanks to Sara and Andrew at the front desk for helping to make our stay pleasant and friendly
Our room was clean and comfortable, room cleaned and beds made each day in a timely manner
Looking forward to staying here again
Dinning room staff was courteous and helpful

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sheila g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
3.5 km away
9.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
9.0 km away
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place

Been to Holiday Inn Enfield-Springfield? Share your experiences!